unsual problem

  • John Rockwell
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
      Greetings to all

      I'm sitting here doing a no brainer job to and got to thinking about how I have been shooting and remembered a problemI haven't been able to solve.

      problem:
      after I shoot about 250 shots i have to reset up my bow. For some reason the string set seems to walk up the string. When I set up my bow I make sure the string set is nice and tight so that it won't slide down the string. There has been a couple of times when the string set has made the serving seperate under it. Has any one else experienced this problem?

      Lan Griffen
    • Guy Taylor
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
        Pardon for the look of confusion... but what is a string set?

        Taillear

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 1999
            Ian,

            I've had some success with a wrapped nocking point, where I took a blunted
            needle and actually sewed waxed linen thru the serving and between the
            string strands, then used what were essentially a series of overlapped clove
            hitches to make the nocking point. 8 or 9 in 3 layers seems to work on my
            son's 20# recurve.

            Ragnar Ketilsson