Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: String walking

  • James W. Pratt Jr.
    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 2, 2001
      Greetings Elizabeth from James Cunningham

      Welcome to the group. Let me see if I can unconfuse you. As you can see the
      "string walking" thing is being debated and I will try to stay out of that
      can of worms. I would not recomend a begining archer even trying it. The
      bow, arrow nocks and string with two nock points you have are fine for most
      SCA shooting. The main requirement for SCA shooting is to have fun. As I
      have traveled to several kingdoms the only requirments are to have a safe
      bow that does NOTuse wheels, wooden arrows(any knock most normal points) a
      safe string with one or two nocks to locate the arrow on the string but not
      to be used as a sight. What is the draw weight of your bow if you are having
      trouble with holding the bow at full draw the same time you are learning to
      keep the arrow on the arrow shelf it will slow your learning curve down.

      James Cunningham
      PS I react badly to people who say...

      "I will never be any good"

      My comeback is...
      "If that is what you think that is all you will ever be"
      Centary from "The Last Starfighter"

      MKA James Pratt former Air Force Basic Jet Instuctor Pilot
    • Jack Bradley
      Message 92 of 92 , Jan 3, 2001
        One more thought on the subject.
        I've never seen anyone string walk with out snap nocks As the arrow
        must stay on the string with out fingers to hold it. I've tried to make
        self nocked arrows that have a snapnock design but they split after 2 or 3
        shoots to much outward pressure I don't think our ancestors had the time to
        waste on fitting arrows to strings
        So to document string walking all you need to do is find plastic snapnocks
        with the cell phones and MREs
        The other Ragnar