Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: String walking

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 2, 2001
      Please, Please, Please. If you are going to write on a topic, pro or
      con, please have at least a working understanding of the topic. This
      damnable subject of "stringwalking" which seems to have people all
      "fired up" is being explained and defended by people that haven't a clue
      what it is. Please read articles on "modern" shooting forms where it is
      described in length or in contemporary archery instruction books. It is
      a method of sighting where the string hand moves,
      NOT THE NOCKING POINT! This subject has been "beaten to death", let it
      be buried.
      Respectfully,
      -Geoffrei(who has a whole lot of spiffy titles and orders too. I just
      don't use them to sign)

      Brad Boda d'Aylward wrote:
      >snip<
      "String walking defines itself when you 'walk' the nock point up or down
      your string to gain or reduce yardage.
      Lord Brad Boda d'Aylward (AoA, OGA)
          AEthelmearc Combat Archery Commander
          Regional Lt. Gen. Archery Marshall"

    • Jack Bradley
      Message 92 of 92 , Jan 3, 2001
        One more thought on the subject.
        I've never seen anyone string walk with out snap nocks As the arrow
        must stay on the string with out fingers to hold it. I've tried to make
        self nocked arrows that have a snapnock design but they split after 2 or 3
        shoots to much outward pressure I don't think our ancestors had the time to
        waste on fitting arrows to strings
        So to document string walking all you need to do is find plastic snapnocks
        with the cell phones and MREs
        The other Ragnar