Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: String walking

  • Brad Boda d'Aylward
    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 2, 2001
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: String walking

      >With all this about split finger draws, does that mean a two under draw
      >style is wrong? I have always used two fingers under as my draw style. It
      >works for me, no pinching, and what I am used to.
      >
      >Simon Hondy

      The 'Split finger' draw is commonly known as the 'Mediterranian Release'.
      That would be one finger over and two under. Two fingers over and one under,
      two finger only, or three fingers under is known as a 'modified
      Mediterranian release'.

      String walking defines itself when you 'walk' the nock point up or down your
      string to gain or reduce yardage.

      Lord Brad Boda d'Aylward (AoA, OGA)
      AEthelmearc Combat Archery Commander
      Regional Lt. Gen. Archery Marshall

      Good friends see through the act and still appreciate the performance.
      Unknownanian release.
    • Jack Bradley
      Message 92 of 92 , Jan 3, 2001
        One more thought on the subject.
        I've never seen anyone string walk with out snap nocks As the arrow
        must stay on the string with out fingers to hold it. I've tried to make
        self nocked arrows that have a snapnock design but they split after 2 or 3
        shoots to much outward pressure I don't think our ancestors had the time to
        waste on fitting arrows to strings
        So to document string walking all you need to do is find plastic snapnocks
        with the cell phones and MREs
        The other Ragnar