RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: String walking

  • Block, Alan W
    Message 1 of 92 , Jan 2 9:52 AM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: ElizabethOfCornwall@...

      Forgive me but I'm a bit confused here. Why isn't this technique
      period?

      Unless it can be documented as having existed in period; Its not.
    • Jack Bradley
      Message 92 of 92 , Jan 3 6:41 AM
        One more thought on the subject.
        I've never seen anyone string walk with out snap nocks As the arrow
        must stay on the string with out fingers to hold it. I've tried to make
        self nocked arrows that have a snapnock design but they split after 2 or 3
        shoots to much outward pressure I don't think our ancestors had the time to
        waste on fitting arrows to strings
        So to document string walking all you need to do is find plastic snapnocks
        with the cell phones and MREs
        The other Ragnar