Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: IKAC Scoring

  • Bob & Nancy Upson
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 26, 2000
      FWIW, I've never been in the 13-14 arrows per second class but 10-
      11 is doable when I'm tuned up and on my game...

      > How do you feed the arrows to the bow?
      > Grab nock, feel for opening in it while putting the point between the
      > string/bow till just past the string, pull back, release and just keep
      > going back to the quiver for the next shot??

      That's about the size of it. Indexed nocks help a bit, as does not
      taking one's eyes off the target. The biggest single improvement I
      see in teaching people to shoot speed rounds is breaking them of
      the habit of waiting for one arrow to hit before starting on the next --
      once you release it's all over so there's no benefit in waiting
      anyway. =)

      > I take it you dont care if the cock feather is out either??

      Nope -- it makes no difference whatsoever.

      Macsen