Re: [SCA-Archery] Period Archery Research

  • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2000
      To All,
      Here's some addresses that might help:
      Mr. Hugh D. Soar -Secretary
      British Long-Bow Society
      65 Chiltern Close, North Common
      Warmley Bristol BS15 5UL Great Britain
      Telephone: (01272) 677223

      I found this address on a web-page of British Bowyers. You can access
      the page at:
      www.cix.co.uk/~munin/yas/bowyers.htm

      on this page, you will find the mailing addresses of many fine British
      Bowyers including Roy King, bowyer to the Mary Rose Trust and Mr. Steve
      Ralphs, the fine bowyer that I wrote of earlier. Don Adams is also
      there. These gentlemen (sorry, they are all men this time) are avid
      resarchers and craftsman. I'm not saying that you should take their word
      as gospel, but they have devoted their lives to this study and will
      probably be more able to steer you in the right direction for your
      research. They have access to a better library on this subject than we,
      have intense "hands-on" experience, and more important, they love the
      subject and probably won't turn away a real interested archer. Who
      knows, they may even have a swell bow to sell you.
      Respectfully,
      -Geoffrei