Re: [sca-archery]: Rewarding authentic equip.

  • Wade Hutchison
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 1999
      Well, to go about this with a more 'medieval' approach, we could
      form an inter-kingdom liveried company. The biggest hurdle to
      overcome would be the choice of time period and nationalility.
      Personally, I'm more interested in the 15th century/War of the Roses
      right now. Many others might be more interested in 100 YW, or
      Welsh wars.

      Of course, the SCAdian approach would be to not worry about time
      and place of each archer. We could come up with livery colors, a
      badge, and get together at wars and such. I don't think scores
      would be important - we could do some period shoots (wand, garland,
      Popinjay, etc.) Maybe arrange for some boyer and fletching classes?

      Anyone else interested?
      -----Gille MacDhnouill

      At 12:59 AM 7/31/99 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hallo!!!
      >
      >Again I am not Kaz, but I might have an idea here. I was thinking that
      >there could be a group of people that use all period gear. There is one
      >for fighting I believe called the Company of Saint George? Then there
      >could be ranks like the ludicrous bowman, but directed at periodness. If
      >you shoot a 80 (let's say I don't know if it is good or bad sounds good)
      >then you could be the "authentic bowman" or something of the like, and
      >then those could be changed for different classes etc.
      >
      >Well there is my 2 cents.
      >Have a nice day!!!
      >Robert
      >Hugewheels@...
      >Tha mi a'fluich mi kilt!!!
    • Robert L Brunnemer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 1999
        I just got a GREAT idea!!! I was thinking about this, and then I got the
        idea that we could start a inter-kingdom Guild!!! Someone else would
        have to come up with the name, because I am no good at that, but I think
        that would be great! We could just have a guild that uses all period
        gear, and then at A&S events and such than we could have classes hosted
        by the guild! What do you think?

        Have a nice day!!!
        Robert
        Hugewheels@...
        Tha mi a'fluich mi kilt!!!

      • Wade Hutchison
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1 11:31 AM
          Well, to go about this with a more 'medieval' approach, we could
          form an inter-kingdom liveried company. The biggest hurdle to
          overcome would be the choice of time period and nationalility.
          Personally, I'm more interested in the 15th century/War of the Roses
          right now. Many others might be more interested in 100 YW, or
          Welsh wars.

          Of course, the SCAdian approach would be to not worry about time
          and place of each archer. We could come up with livery colors, a
          badge, and get together at wars and such. I don't think scores
          would be important - we could do some period shoots (wand, garland,
          Popinjay, etc.) Maybe arrange for some boyer and fletching classes?

          Anyone else interested?
          -----Gille MacDhnouill

          At 12:59 AM 7/31/99 -0700, you wrote:
          >Hallo!!!
          >
          >Again I am not Kaz, but I might have an idea here. I was thinking that
          >there could be a group of people that use all period gear. There is one
          >for fighting I believe called the Company of Saint George? Then there
          >could be ranks like the ludicrous bowman, but directed at periodness. If
          >you shoot a 80 (let's say I don't know if it is good or bad sounds good)
          >then you could be the "authentic bowman" or something of the like, and
          >then those could be changed for different classes etc.
          >
          >Well there is my 2 cents.
          >Have a nice day!!!
          >Robert
          >Hugewheels@...
          >Tha mi a'fluich mi kilt!!!
        • Karl Sandhoff
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4 8:48 PM
            I'm game. My personal preference would be for a period free association
            with a baldric/tabard/badge for identification.
            Carolus von Eulenhorst