String walking

  • aleksei1@juno.com
    Message 1 of 92 , Dec 13, 2000
      My friends,
      I was recently asked by a new archer to explain 'string walking',
      since it is prohibited in RR's here in AnTir. After some hemming and
      hawing, I had to admit to him that I really wasn't positive and could
      only give my best guess, but that I would do my best to locate an answer.
      I have been unable to find published references in my library, and would
      appreciate any assistance in locating some.
      Shoot straight,
      Aleksei Zateev
      AnTir
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Jack Bradley
      Message 92 of 92 , Jan 3, 2001
        One more thought on the subject.
        I've never seen anyone string walk with out snap nocks As the arrow
        must stay on the string with out fingers to hold it. I've tried to make
        self nocked arrows that have a snapnock design but they split after 2 or 3
        shoots to much outward pressure I don't think our ancestors had the time to
        waste on fitting arrows to strings
        So to document string walking all you need to do is find plastic snapnocks
        with the cell phones and MREs
        The other Ragnar