RE: [SCA-Archery] port orford cedar shafts

  • Susan Kell
    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 1, 2000
      To Siegfried & Geoffrei -

      Thank you for the high praise! Li and I try very hard to ensure our cedar
      is tightly matched. We are still charging $20 per dozen, plus shipping.
      (We just got hit with Stotler's annual price increase, so our price may
      have to change in the foreseeable future.)
      If any readers here want shafts, please phone Master Li to discuss your
      needs. (508-620-6620)

      -- Ygraine of Kellswood & Li Kung Lo

      PS -- The spelling was just fine. A minor correction, though, on who does
      the work -- it's not done by our now-dissolved household, rather by our
      friends & students (& ourselves) who earn a "sweat equity" cedar discount!
      FWIW, we would rather teach for free than fletch for below minimum wage;
      book a learning visit with us in MA!

      On Thursday, November 30, 2000 2:20 PM, Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      [SMTP:eliwhite@...] wrote:
      > Buy your shafts from someone who does the matching for you ...
      >
      > Master Li Kung Lo (Sorry, really bad spelling, I know), in the East does
      > this. He buys in huge bulk, and has his household weigh to +-1 grain and
      > match spine ... Don't know his prices off hand for a dozen shafts, but it
      > is very reasonable for what you are getting ...
      >
      > Many archers around here order from him.
      >
      > (Personally, being a crossbowman, I have a grain scale purchased from
      Ebay,
      > and don't care too much about spine ... just 'heavy' works for me *grin*)
      >
      > Siegfried
    • Gary L Hecathorn
      Message 49 of 49 , Dec 2, 2000
        > Apologies James, but no can do as he is not in the SCA. While Tom
        > is
        > very active in traditional archery he has no interest in SCA
        > activities. I think he believes it's a little bit nuts. I've
        > spoken
        > with a few mundane dealers of trad archery gear and when I let it
        > slip that I do SCA shoots they almost universaly roll their eyes.
        > don't think we've made too good an impression on them.
        >
        > Taillear

        Oh the difference in areas. My mundaine dealer has asked about
        merchanting at an event and our mundain range has asked if we could do a
        demo at one of there events. It would appear that it's your dealers that
        are missing out.

        Gareth Thorne

        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.