RE: [SCA-Archery] Remember the person ?

  • Shurgin,Gary
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2000
      Caeman,

      I know this is late replying, but, you live in an area that has many good
      archers who've been around a long time in SCA, and like wood. Most of us
      have already bought or made bows. Many have started out with fiberglass and
      still are using them. There is fiberglass that you can purchase that looks
      like wood (recurves especially). Most other areas you'd be seeing
      fiberglass, way up and above what this region has. (Plus all the bow and
      arrow makers around.) You've Marshalled at Pennsic, can you remember the
      proportion? There were many more fiberglass than not, and lots of bows
      brought out of unusual shapes that were wood, that archers were proud to
      display. Please don't dispair. Twenty years ago, Ohio was mostly fiberglass
      also, but we grow with learning. Hope to see you at Better Wars through
      Archery!

      Roewynne