Re: Flaming arrows

  • Greg Young/Jocelyn Wirth
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2000
      Greetings all!

      >Every time I shot the darned things they blew out upon the release.

      Although I have yet to try it myself, one tip that I got from a group in
      Britain is to use a cone on the front of the arrow, made from the
      foil-covered cardboard you get from takeout food container lids. This
      disrupts the airflow over the flaming section of the arrow, allowing it to
      remain lit in flight. The firearrow used in the one Olympic's opening
      ceremonies also had a large conical arrowhead for this reason.

      If anyone tries this out, please let me know how well it worked!

      Robin Kyrke
      Principality of Northshield, Midrealm