THE UNSPOKEN WORD

  • edward hastings
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 26, 2000
      FREEDON OF SPEECH......... what is it worth. you may not agree with
      it but that is your choice. i,m going to get kicked out of this list
      because i spoke the unspoken word. and on my own i left but my soul
      could not let it go, i could,nt sleep and i had a really bad days. in
      other years if you spoke the unspoken word you died maybe in this the
      computer world you die also. in your e-mails i have been told to shut
      up and i have been told .to keep it up. from their words i get
      surport..... but as i said in my first responce ............I DONT
      WANT COMPOUNDS IN SCA.....maybe if i go to word i can get bigger
      letters. but it has gone bewand that it is now a matter of freedom of
      speach.......if you cant say the word how free are you ? i did,nt
      come here to fight i came here to unight with archers. HOW CAN I PUT
      IT ANY PLANER.........IN HERE LONG BOWS RULES.......MODERATOR KICK ME
      OUT FOR SAYING WHAT I BELIVE IN............WE ARE ARCHERS FIRST IF
      not we are lost................ may what ever god help you to my
      godeess i bow low and to my fellow archers i bow low and to my king i
      bow low, and to his queen i bow low. qand to all the people who e-
      mailed me i bow low....... long bow......... as to you i give my
      surport ..........LONG LIVE SCA..............
      LORD EDWARD
    • John Rockwell
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 26, 2000
        M'lord Edward

        Over the past few months I have been lurking. I have seen many discussions
        come and go. On this list there have been many hot discussions. Discussion
        come and they go, those of us who want to respond do and those of us who
        don't want to don't.

        I have a question for you, Why won't you let a dead subject die? Why do you
        insist on YELLING while your are trying to put your point across. I was a
        list member who posted a short missive of disgust and asked the discussion
        be taken someplace else.

        I don't care if someone shoot a bow with training wheels. To me this list
        is the one place I can go and get away from all of the talk about them and
        aspects of shooting them.

        As with the majority of the list members I will welcome a new member of the
        list. I will do what ever I can do to help a new archer get started in
        archery (with in certain limits). I teach the new archer the basics in
        shooting and as they progress I will take the time to help then advance.

        I you are in the need for help all you have to do is ask. Your actions on
        the list is one of a hot head. The only attention you will receive is the
        use of the delete key ( I use It ). Please take the time to step back a few
        steps and think about what you have been doing (possibly getting some people
        mad at you)

        YIS
        Ian Griffen

      • jrosswebb1@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 26, 2000
          YIKES!-- Help! The list is trapped in a
          David Lynch Movie.
          The SCA is one big family. Like most families, we don't agree on
          everything, and tempers flare up. All people in a family love one
          another, even when they argue. Let's have some "quiet time" on this
          tirade, and agree to disagree and go on to more common ground like: "
          any fun shooting in bad weather stories?" or "does anyone know if I can
          get goose feathers
          in archery quality already cut in bulk?"
          We play at monarchy, but we live democratically. If you want to go
          away, no one can stop you, but think it over. Chances are, if you feel
          this strongly about archery, you belong. Just don't get so angry. People
          are going to disagree with you, it's a given in life.
          Keeping the dream alive,
          -Geoffrei

        • Bob & Nancy Upson
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 26, 2000
            On 27 Nov 00, at 2:01, edward hastings wrote:

            Mr. Hastings has been removed from the list. Not because of what
            he believes but because of his failure to ignore repeated requests
            to drop this topic and any related trolling.

            This judgement is not up for discussion on the list. Any
            commentary should be directed to the moderator in private email.

            The Management
            aka Macsen
          • Brad Boda d'Aylward
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 27, 2000

              > FREEDON OF SPEECH......... what is it worth. you may not agree with
              >it but that is your choice. i,m going to get kicked out of this list
              >because i spoke the unspoken word. and on my own i left but my soul
              >could not let it go, i could,nt sleep and i had a really bad days. in
              >LORD EDWARD

              Perhaps a gentle word of advice, m'lord. It would appear to me that you
              might be spending a great deal of time in the chat rooms. I say this because
              when I'm in the IRC rooms, I skip punctuation and Capitalization along with
              everyone else.

              This being a different type of communication (list vs. chat) I try to make
              my postings to the list a little easier for the brain dead to read. I'm one
              of the brain dead here and your posts are *really* hard to figger out.

              Thanx dude,
              Brad
            • Brad Boda d'Aylward
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 27, 2000
                Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] THE UNSPOKEN WORD

                >M'lord Edward
                >

                >As with the majority of the list members I will welcome a new member of the
                >list. I will do what ever I can do to help a new archer get started in
                >archery (with in certain limits). I teach the new archer the basics in
                >shooting and as they progress I will take the time to help then advance.
                >
                >YIS
                >Ian Griffen

                Yup. The basics are the same for traditional archery as well as compounds.
                Form is everything. I can offer advice to the compound shooters at the
                mundane range as well as my archers in the society. There's easy comradarie
                at the local range: I call their bows something with training wheels and
                they call my longbow a stick. We grin at each other.

                Brad