Re: [SCA-Archery] [Fwd: [Fwd: whistling heads]]

  • mike_little
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000
      > > If you keep this up you are going to be very Trying.
      > >
      > > Ulvar
      > >

      > My appologies. I will cease.
      >
      > Jon

      Disregarding the bad pun above,

      The reason that you cannot get your article through is that this list has
      been set to reject attatchments.

      You can either cut and paste your article into the body of the message, or
      post it as a file on the web site for the list.

      Mike
    • paul kaveshan
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000
        >From: John Edgerton <sirjon1@...>
        >To: SCA-Archery@egroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] [Fwd: [Fwd: whistling heads]]
        >Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 05:47:52 -0800
        >
        >My appologies. I will cease.

        I am wondering if the article you are trying to send is an attachement. I
        think the server automatically strips attachments off for this list. You
        may want to talk to the list administrator about that, or put the message
        into the main body of the message.

        Ld James
        Shire of Tempio (Ansteorra)
        Archery marshal
        Chronicler
        Cadet to OEngus of Greymist (Outlands)

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Bob & Nancy Upson
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000
          > I am wondering if the article you are trying to send is an
          > attachement. I think the server automatically strips attachments off
          > for this list. You may want to talk to the list administrator about
          > that, or put the message into the main body of the message.

          Yes, that's the problem. Due to periodic bouts of trojan "viruses"
          being transported through the list on top of the occasional
          transgression of people attaching large graphic files to the list,
          attachments aren't allowed.

          Text articles may either be posted in the message body or, better
          yet if they are particularly large, posted as files to the list's file area
          at eGroups. There is also a provision at eGroups to post links to
          articles, pictures, etc. that are already webbed elsewhere. =)

          The Management
          aka Macsen

          Get Medieval at Mad Macsen's http://www.MedievalMart.com/
          *** BUY *** SELL *** BID *** HAGGLE ***
          At Medieval Mart we believe shopping should be a War Point!
        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2000
            Hjalmar Brandenburg wrote:

            > I believe you were trying to send this!
            >
            > Have a nice day!
            >
            > And Jon:
            >
            > Some days you feel like a nut some days you don't!
            >
            > Look forward to more intersting post from you!
            >
            > Ulvar

            Many thanks for post it for me. I still do not understand why it worked on sca
            missile but not on sca archery. :-(

            Jon
          • James W. Pratt Jr.
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 10, 2000
              Congratulations to Robert Thorne... 247 on the Winter
              ound( http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/scores.html ) is going to be
              tough to beat. I guess playing with Lions and Tigers has done some good.

              James Cunningham