Archery tournement in Massachusetts

  • Susan Kell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2000
      Greetings!

      I'm trying to drum-up attendance in *our* equipment categories at mundane
      competitions. If any of you Massachusetts archers are interested, the 2000
      Bay State Indoor Open Target Championship will be held in 2 weeks at
      Archery USA in Dedham, MA The organizer is an SCA member, so this time
      there are *two* divisions our equipment qualifies for -- Traditional (our
      handbows) and Medieval Crossbow (our unsighted crossbows). There are 4
      shooting times available, one on Friday 11/3 and three on Saturday 11/4,
      with finals on Sunday 11/5. Registration for our divisions is $20 & closes
      this Friday 10/27. The competition consists of 20 ends of 3 arrows each at
      18 meters, 1 to 10 scoring, for a maximum of 600 points; our handbows shoot
      at a 60 cm FITA target (the Royal Round target as used in the East), and I
      think our crossbows shoot at a 40 cm FITA (smaller version of the 5-color
      target we know & love).

      If you want to play, you must be a member of the N.A.A. (National Archery
      Association membership applications are available at the tournement; $20
      per year, as I recall) Only MA archers can win the state medals, but
      non-residents & guests can compete for the overall awards. Competitors
      must conform to N.A.A. dress code -- for SCA participants, we can wear garb
      as our "team uniform"!

      For more information or to register, phone Duncan Stewart (mka Anthony
      Bellettini) at 781-320-3606

      -- Mistress Ygraine of Kellswood