Re: [SCA-Archery] winter crossbow challenge

  • Bruce R. Gordon
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 19, 2000
      psobaka@... wrote:

      > Will there be a winter crossbow challenge this year? Or am I early?
      > Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
      > Southern Reagional Archery Marshal

      Greetings
      Are you refering to the Crossbow Division of the Winter Challenge? If
      so, be assured that it will certainly be a part of the Challenge, as it
      has in previous years. See the general rules at:
      http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/wint.html

      Forester Nigel FitzMaurice; Winter Challenge Coordinator.
      --

      Ex Tenebra, Lux

    • Siegfried Sebastian Faust
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 19, 2000
        Actually, I think that he is referring to the specific winter crossbow
        challenge that was issued last year. Which involved 4 ends at 20 yards at
        a 40cm target, 2 ends had to be standing, and it was scored 1-10 ...

        I don't remember however who it was that ran it, and therefore don't know
        who to contact to even see if it is being run again.

        Siegfried

        At 10:03 PM 10/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:
        >psobaka@... wrote:
        > >
        > > Will there be a winter crossbow challenge this year? Or am I early?
        > > Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
        > > Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
        >
        >Greetings
        > Are you refering to the Crossbow Division of the Winter Challenge? If
        >so, be assured that it will certainly be a part of the Challenge, as it
        >has in previous years. See the general rules at:
        > http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/wint.html
        >
        >Forester Nigel FitzMaurice; Winter Challenge Coordinator.
        >--
        >
        >Ex Tenebra, Lux
        >
        >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html
        >

        >Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
        >http://www.MedievalMart.com/

        Baronial Web Minister http://highland-foorde.atlantia.sca.org
      • Archie Darr II
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 20, 2000
          Seigfried;

          I have a printout with the rules etc for the winter crossbow challenge
          and it is signed by Ragnar Ketilsson. It shows an address of
          www.toxophile.net/WinterCrossbowChallengeScores.htm
          I hope this helps.

          Don Sebastian
          Royal Huntsman of Ansteorra

        • psobaka@myriad.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 20, 2000
            Yes that is it. Are the rules going to change? Looked at the site last night
            and I don't rember it saying any thing about 2000.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 20, 2000
              I will get this right if it kills me, yes I was referring to theine below 4
              ends at 20 yards. If I can get my crossbow to shot for me.
              >Actually, I think that he is referring to the specific winter crossbow
              >challenge that was issued last year. Which involved 4 ends at 20 yards at
              >a 40cm target, 2 ends had to be standing, and it was scored 1-10 ...
              >
              >I don't remember however who it was that ran it, and therefore don't know
              >who to contact to even see if it is being run again.
              >
              >Siegfried

              Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
              Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
            • D Humberson
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 20, 2000
                I ran it last year, and will gladly run it again if folks found it a good
                tool for keeping sharp over the winter. I also need contact info for Rowan
                Elfhame(sp? I'm at work and don't have my archives), since I missed
                delivering her winner's prize at the War.

                If anyone out there( Yaakov?) could ask her to send a surface address to
                dhumbers@..., I'd appreciate it. For the record, her score was
                236/240!

                This should be distinguished from the Honorable Company of the Crossbow
                Vogelschutzen, for which I'm also keeping score. The Winter Crossbow
                Challenge is an indoor, informal, single high score match shot at 20 yards,
                sponsored by nobody but yours truly, and having no particularly spiff prize.
                I have put up a dozen shafts, but that's more to partially replace the
                ones blown up in the shoot.

                Ragnar Ketilsson

                >From: Siegfried Sebastian Faust <eliwhite@...>
                >To: SCA-Archery@egroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] winter crossbow challenge
                >Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 01:26:55 -0400
                >
                >Actually, I think that he is referring to the specific winter crossbow
                >challenge that was issued last year. Which involved 4 ends at 20 yards at
                >a 40cm target, 2 ends had to be standing, and it was scored 1-10 ...
                >
                >I don't remember however who it was that ran it, and therefore don't know
                >who to contact to even see if it is being run again.
                >
                >Siegfried
                >

                >At 10:03 PM 10/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:
                > >psobaka@... wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Will there be a winter crossbow challenge this year? Or am I early?
                > > > Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of
                >Ansteorra
                > > > Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
                > >
                > >Greetings
                > > Are you refering to the Crossbow Division of the Winter
                >Challenge? If
                > >so, be assured that it will certainly be a part of the Challenge, as it
                > >has in previous years. See the general rules at:
                > > http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/wint.html
                > >
                > >Forester Nigel FitzMaurice; Winter Challenge Coordinator.
                > >--
                > >
                > >Ex Tenebra, Lux
                > >
                > >http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/index.html
                > >

                > >Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                > >http://www.MedievalMart.com/
                > >
                > >Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom, SCA
                > >[Email to SCA-Archery-unsubscribe@egroups.com to leave this list]

                http://profiles.msn.com
              • D Humberson
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 20, 2000
                  Plachoya,

                  We will run this again. I'll publish details next week, but figure a
                  November 1 start date.

                  Ragnar Ketilsson.

                  PS This is entirely different from Nigel's shoot, and I strongly urge folks
                  to shoot both. They look at different skills, and use diffferent targets.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 20, 2000
                    Don Sebastian,

                    The address is correct, and the page will show 2000-2001 scores as of Nov.
                    1.

                    Ragnar Ketilsson

                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 20, 2000
                      I will try jto shot both but htat depends on my crossbow being a willing
                      partispant. Tried to shoot it about two weeks ago and had a nice group of
                      the first four the fith whent high and to the left and the sixth missfired.
                      It would not fire that sixth bolt and got worse on the others, may try
                      changing strings.
                      >Plachoya,
                      >
                      >We will run this again. I'll publish details next week, but figure a
                      >November 1 start date.
                      >
                      >Ragnar Ketilsson.
                      >
                      >PS This is entirely different from Nigel's shoot, and I strongly urge folks
                      >to shoot both. They look at different skills, and use diffferent targets.
                      >

                      >>From: psobaka@...
                      >>To: SCA-Archery@egroups.com
                      >>Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] winter crossbow challenge
                      >>Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 05:45:32 -0500
                      >>
                      >>I will get this right if it kills me, yes I was referring to theine below 4
                      >>ends at 20 yards. If I can get my crossbow to shot for me.
                      >> >Actually, I think that he is referring to the specific winter crossbow
                      >> >challenge that was issued last year. Which involved 4 ends at 20 yards
                      >>at
                      >> >a 40cm target, 2 ends had to be standing, and it was scored 1-10 ...
                      >> >
                      >> >I don't remember however who it was that ran it, and therefore don't know
                      >> >who to contact to even see if it is being run again.
                      >> >
                      >> >Siegfried
                      >> >
                      >>Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
                      >>Southern Reagional Archery Marshal

                      >http://profiles.msn.com
                      >

                      >Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
                      >http://www.MedievalMart.com/

                      Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
                      Southern Reagional Archery Marshal
                    • Susan Kell
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 22, 2000
                        Replied to privately...