Making a tab (was: Looking for Non-leather Gloves)

  • Carl West at home
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2000
      SwayzeK wrote:

      > After reading Carl's stuff below, it popped into my head that it wouldn't be
      > that difficult to make finger tabs ...

      A shooting tab made out of whatever material you have at hand will get
      you shooting soonest. They're easy to make, you'll end up making several
      I bet.
      One made from truck innertube should stand up for a long time, you could
      also try upholstery vinyl. The smoother the surface of the tab, the better.

      the
      string
      rests
      here
      .
      .
      .
      /---------.-------------\ (not to scale or proportion)
      | . |
      \---------.-----\ | here
      arrow fits.here | \-----------\
      /---------.-----/ /----------\ \
      | . | middle | | <- this part
      | . | finger | | goes behind
      | . | fits | | the finger.
      | . | here | | This loop should
      | . \----------/ / be snug and catch
      | . /-----------/ on the second knuckle
      | . | ring
      | . | finger
      | . | goes
      | . | here
      \---------.-------------/
      .
      .
      cut away bits that seem to interfere with your arrow-handling and
      shooting until it's too small (it's too small when it stops protecting
      your fingers), then make one slightly larger.

      - Fritz

      --
      Carl West
      mailto:eisen@...

      Experience Real-Time Full-Motion Hi-res 3D with Surround Sound! Step Outside.