Re: [SCA-Archery] Looking for Non-leather Gloves

  • Juan Xavier
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 3, 2000
      A friend and I picked up some of these from Merick Archery at Pennsic. I
      don't know their contact info. I beleive they were $4.00. They basically
      replace the need for a glove or tab. I haven't tried them yet, but my friend
      didn't like them too much.

      Xavier

      >I have seen little plastic pieces that are placed on the bowstring to
      >protect the fingers. I saw them at Pennsic, but have *no* idea what
      >merchant it was. Maybe an archery source on the web would have them...
      >
      >Grainne

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Susan Claus
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 3, 2000
        Interesting. When I read her original message, "can't use leather" made me
        assume this was a matter of conscience, not allergy...

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Jack Bradley
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 3, 2000
          Lookout for string slap with these things. They dig in to your arm and take off
          little bits
          Ragnar

          Juan Xavier wrote:

          > A friend and I picked up some of these from Merick Archery at Pennsic. I
          > don't know their contact info. I beleive they were $4.00. They basically
          > replace the need for a glove or tab. I haven't tried them yet, but my friend
          > didn't like them too much.
          >
          > Xavier
          >
          > >I have seen little plastic pieces that are placed on the bowstring to
          > >protect the fingers. I saw them at Pennsic, but have *no* idea what
          > >merchant it was. Maybe an archery source on the web would have them...
          > >
          > >Grainne

          > http://profiles.msn.com
          >

          > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
          > http://www.MedievalMart.com/

        • Hal B. Clark
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 3, 2000
            Deb, most people who are allergic to leather are actually allergic to some of
            the chemicals used in curing the animal hides. "leather" can be specific to
            cattle hide or generic to any animal hide that is cured for use. Actually, your
            deer hide idea would be ggood if the person could get hold off some "brain
            tanned" deerhide. This is the method used by the american indian.
            Walk Tall
            Gentle Ben