Pre viking danish bows.

  • RJ Bachner
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
      Hey there everybody, I am looking for info and references for danish archery from about 600 ad. I am
      interested in making a documentable period set of equipement from that period so I need any and all
      info available.

      I have seen mention of long elm flatbows and a version of what became known as the ELB but nothing
      for sure. what does Hardy say on the matter, I do not have a copy of his wonderful book.

      Lord Ragi Warm Bear of the shire, Isle du Dragon Dormant.
      Northern Region, East Kingdom SCA.
      trj@... at www.total.net/~trj/sanctum.html

      Captain of Archers for dragon Dormant.
      Come see our Company page
      http://www.total.net/~trj/archery/index.html

      Webmaster of the DIY pages at
      http://www.total.net/~trj/archery/diy.html

      House of the broken axe.
      http://pages.citenet.net/users/ctj0011/medieval/household/
    • Susan Claus
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2000
        Just a quick reminder: if your local library doesn't have a copy of a book
        you want (such as the wonderful Hardy longbow book) ask them to
        inter-library-loan it for you. Coming from a fine arts background in school
        I NEVER had to do library research, and only recently found out about the
        miracle of ILLs! Happily, libraries no longer chain their books to the
        shelf, and are happy to send them all around the country!

        http://profiles.msn.com