Re: wheelchair archers

  • psobaka@xxxx.xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 1999
      We have wheelchair archers in Ansteorra and the only help they need is when
      the chairs have flat tires and some times not then. One of them is a good
      combat archer and accounts for himself quite well. Some thing about some one
      not standing up.
      Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
    • AGPitts@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 25, 1999
        Unfortunately, for mundane reasons, two wheelchair bound archers for whom I
        have created special crossbows were not able to go to Pennsic this year.
        For one of them, this is the first Pennsic she's missed in many years. She
        and her husband go to the line like anyone else. He cocks for her, she
        shoots, he retrieves. She shoots rather well (5 in the clout and 3 in the
        friend/foe is usual). She also usually tries a "hail Mary" at the 70 and
        then nails the 20 on advancing soldiers.
        The other shoots irregularly at best, but it is by choice.

        Wheelchair shooters have been at Pennsic for several years (just not this one
        that I know of). There has been no problem I am aware of other than the
        already mentioned bumpy ride getting across the field to the line.
        Ailean