fishing

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2014
      on a related, distantly, topic...

      Has anyone ever done any bow-fishing with a longbow?
      Obviously a fiberglass arrow is not period and a cedar shaft is too light so I was thinking of making a fishing arrow from oak????

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 24, 2014
                Rick,

                A barbed point will work.  For SCA period bow fishing points, look at some of the spear fishing "harpoon" points in archaeology books.  You ought to be able to make one easily enough.  The modern ones screw off to make it easier to remove the fish from the shaft.

                Jim "Gladius"