archery glove

  • otlcp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2014
      I was wondering if anyone had a design pattern for a period archery glove?
    • Mike Boultinghouse
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25, 2014
        At this time I'm not aware of a drawing or photo of a glove used during our period, but I do have a arm guard I have made from one of the ones found on the Mary Rose.

        On Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:55 PM, "otlcp1@..." <otlcp1@...> wrote:

        I was wondering if anyone had a design pattern for a period archery glove?

      • Caterina Fortuna
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2014

          https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hiku3fe0znq7te/13c169180d3039d715a92b26227cf6c9d4928479-2.jpg
          An illustration that shows two leather gloves.

          An online merchant sells the following two styles of archer glove. I'm not remembering his name right now.
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz98hijlcpnc28x/Gloves_8.jpg
          A nicely designed 5 fingered glove with a button stud to close the waist strap.

          https://www.dropbox.com/s/yz98hijlcpnc28x/Gloves_8.jpg
          Shows a 3 finger glove and a five fingered glove.

          The images are in my 'archery pattern to draft' folder. I'll get it making a glove pattern soon... along with my other ufos. ;) The images are shared to give you a better visual.
          Cat