Academy of Historical Archery (formerly period archery guild) - Progress Report

  • okami49
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
      Greetings archers!

      The committee tasked with creating a period archery guild wanted to update you all on our progress so far.  We have been slowly progressing and grinding out all the details, going over every bit on a nearly daily basis until we come to a good consensus.

      Here's what we have:

      A name:
      Academy of Historical Archery

      A mission statement

      A charter:
      The charter outlines the overall format of membership and our achievement system.

      Definitions
      As we went along we kept track of the standards we were using and the definitions we came up with.

      All of these things can be found at a website we are using for updates.  Here's the link:

      Feel free to peruse what we have come up with so far!

      The next step for us is designing our insignia, which should be very fun.  We are looking add a few committee members as well to help round out some of the under-represented kingdoms.  Send me a message if you are interested and I can check our roster.  We are specifically looking for members from the following:

      Aethelmearc
      Northshield
      Outlands

      Contact me or post here if you are interested or have any questions at all.

      --
      Eógan
      Archery Captain, Shire of Mynydd Seren
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
        The link to the website did not connect.

        James of Odo, Fidelibus

        ---- baiorofred@... wrote:
        > Greetings archers!
        >

        > The committee tasked with creating a period archery guild wanted to update you all on our progress so far. We have been slowly progressing and grinding out all the details, going over every bit on a nearly daily basis until we come to a good consensus.
        >

        > Here's what we have:
        >

        > A name:
        > Academy of Historical Archery
        >

        > A mission statement
        >

        > A charter:
        > The charter outlines the overall format of membership and our achievement system.
        >

        > Definitions
        > As we went along we kept track of the standards we were using and the definitions we came up with.
        >

        > All of these things can be found at a website we are using for updates. Here's the link:
        >

        > Academy of Historical Archery http://rangersofmynyddseren.wix.com/periodarcheryacademy
        >

        > Feel free to peruse what we have come up with so far!
        >

        > The next step for us is designing our insignia, which should be very fun. We are looking add a few committee members as well to help round out some of the under-represented kingdoms. Send me a message if you are interested and I can check our roster. We are specifically looking for members from the following:
        >

        > Aethelmearc
        > Northshield
        > Outlands
        >

        > Contact me or post here if you are interested or have any questions at all.
        >

        > --
        > Eógan
        > Archery Captain, Shire of Mynydd Seren
        > http://rangersofmynyddseren.wix.com/archery http://rangersofmynyddseren.wix.com/archery

      • Mark Cipra
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
          I'm sure there will be much quibbling over details, but let's start out by saying "Hear, hear! Well done!" This was obvously the result of much dedicated and thoughtful work.
          Mark Cipra
          "When in doubt, end with a jig." Robin McCauley
          On 1/18/2014 12:20 PM, baiorofred@... wrote:

[...]

        • Chris Ivins
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2014
            Looks good so far, I tell a LOT of work and discussion has gone into this so far, great job so far, keep up the good work!

            - IS,
                     Iurii Levchenich

[...]

          • randal_of_camusfearna
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2014

              The link in the conversation on the SCA-Archery page works.  If you tried to cut and paste from the email digest sent out by SCA-Archery, there is a blank space and a couple of %20 artifacts you need to delete from the pasted copy

              Randal.