Re: [SCA-Archery] Hot Glue

  • Jeff Elder
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2000
      I also alcohol prep the tips and scrub out the insides with steel wool.
      Then taper and cleans the tips, and apply the hot melt Ferr-L-Tite to the
      arrow, making them up ahead of time, then to set the points on I but the
      electric burner on 1 or so and set them in the coil and let them all heat.
      Finally with hot mitt I press the tips onto the prepared tip which melts the
      glue, holding it for a few seconds, check straightness then quench. I have
      made aluminum arrows and now making wooden ones, and have never had a
      problem with the tips coming free. I do take care not to leave them in a
      car for long hot days, and I have never shot in the heat of the SW, but I do
      not fear them coming loose in the heat, and if they are, I know I would be
      seeking air conditioning any way.! ;}

      Simon Hondy