  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2013
      My new Carriage bow arrived Friday fro m GIBow.com.
      I had wanted one for some time as sometimes a longbow is just too .. long to haul around the desert and I wanted something I could shove into a backpack.
      I like my 42" Survival bow they made but wanted a longbow so I contacted justin at GIBow, sent him some drawing and pics and he quoted me a $125 price for a 72" 45# carriage bow as he would need to buy the sleeve and had never made one.
      That was in early November so it too khim a bit to get it right.

      I've been working on is all weekend and it is almost finished, I only need to wrap the handle and seal the bow in tung oil.
      Once done, I'll post the paper in the files.

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com