arrow sizes

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2013
      A word of advice when buying foreign.

      If you shoot 11/32" shaft some foreign (Asian) companies will sell you 8mm shafts or tips.

      11/32" = 8.73mm

      8mm is a but larger than 5/16"

      I bought a bunch of 11/32 shafts and tips at a very good price from China... only to learn the difference the hard way.

      Buy American!!!

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2013
        Buy Calontiri ! :-)

        ---- richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...> wrote:
        > A word of advice when buying foreign.
        >
        > If you shoot 11/32" shaft some foreign (Asian) companies will sell you 8mm
        > shafts or tips.
        >
        > 11/32" = 8.73mm
        >
        > 8mm is a but larger than 5/16"
        >
        > I bought a bunch of 11/32 shafts and tips at a very good price from
        > China... only to learn the difference the hard way.
        >
        > Buy American!!!
        >
        > --
        > Rick Johnson
        > http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      • Lord Robert Cameron de Grey
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2013
          Do not buy Calontir arrows! all they want to do is whistle as they fly through the air. And if you listen really closely you can hear them singing really bawdy bardic songs. =^..^=

          Cam

          Sent via baby dragon

          On Dec 20, 2013, at 3:28 PM, Jim Pickette <pickette@...> wrote:

          Buy Calontiri ! :-)

          ---- richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...> wrote:
          > A word of advice when buying foreign.
          >
          > If you shoot 11/32" shaft some foreign (Asian) companies will sell you 8mm
          > shafts or tips.
          >
          > 11/32" = 8.73mm
          >
          > 8mm is a but larger than 5/16"
          >
          > I bought a bunch of 11/32 shafts and tips at a very good price from
          > China... only to learn the difference the hard way.
          >
          > Buy American!!!
          >
          > --
          > Rick Johnson
          > http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

        • Chris Ivins
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 20, 2013
            M'Lord Cameron,

            I have heard unconfirmed tales that if you buy arrows at Gulf Wars,
            all they will do is whistle "Dixie"... l-)

            - Iurii

            On Fri, 12/20/13, Lord Robert Cameron de Grey <camerondegrey@...> wrote:

            Subject: Re: [SCA-Archery] arrow sizes
            To: "SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com" <SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com>