Fall issue of Quivers and Quarrels

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013

    Here it is!  The Nostalgia Fall Edition of Quivers & Quarrels – wherein we explore the Origins and Evolution of combat and target archery in the SCA, from the first garden stake arrows and Freon can helms to the exciting game we play today.
    Check out our petite & deadly cover girl archer from the Northern Climes, Thorunn Smallwolf of Avacal in An Tir.
    Read about:
    • Sir Jon Fitz Rauf:  Profile of a Living Legend (and the man who essentially inventedSCA combat archery)
    • Yumi and Ya: A brief survey of Japanese Archery
    • Warbows have come to Avacal (An Tir)
    • Thumb Rings
    • How it Began:  Inga’s Tale of SCA Target & Combat Archery
    • Fire Across the River:     Tactics for Combat Archers from the Senryaku
    • A Study of Medieval and Renaissance Arrow Shaft Sizes
    • How to Cut Feathers for Fletching
    • The Medieval Archer’s Reading List
    NOTE TO LOCAL CAPTAINS OF ARCHERS:  Please send us your updates on local archery practice schedules to QuiversQuarrels@....
    We’re always looking for new and exciting content.  Send us your stories, photos, ideas, comments to QuiversQuarrels@....
    *   *   *
    JOB OPPORTUNITY:  looking for an SCA archer expert to host the “ASK THE ARCHER” column in future editions.
    Thank you for reading Quivers & Quarrels.  Share it with your friends!
    Ouregan filia Flaviani
    Publisher/Chronicler

    Quivers & Quarrels

  • Jim Pickette
    Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
      Which click-on is the right click-on? Where is the best rag in SCA?

      JoO

      JoO

      ---- John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

      > Here it is!  The Nostalgia Fall Edition of Quivers & Quarrels – wherein we explore the Origins and Evolution of combat and target archery in the SCA, from the first garden stake arrows and Freon can helms to the exciting game we play today.
      > Check out our petite & deadly cover girl archer from the Northern Climes, Thorunn Smallwolf of Avacal in An Tir.
      > Read about:
      > * Sir Jon Fitz Rauf:  Profile of a Living Legend (and the man who essentially inventedSCA combat archery)
      > * Yumi and Ya: A brief survey of Japanese Archery
      > * Warbows have come to Avacal (An Tir)
      > * Thumb Rings
      > * How it Began:  Inga’s Tale of SCA Target & Combat Archery
      > * Fire Across the River:     Tactics for Combat Archers from the Senryaku
      > * A Study of Medieval and Renaissance Arrow Shaft Sizes
      > * How to Cut Feathers for Fletching
      > * The Medieval Archer’s Reading List
      > NOTE TO LOCAL CAPTAINS OF ARCHERS:  Please send us your updates on local archery practice schedules to QuiversQuarrels@...
      > We’re always looking for new and exciting content.  Send us your stories, photos, ideas, comments to QuiversQuarrels@....
      > *   *   *
      > JOB OPPORTUNITY:  looking for an SCA archer expert to host the “ASK THE ARCHER” column in future editions.
      > Thank you for reading Quivers & Quarrels.  Share it with your friends!
      > Ouregan filia Flaviani
      > Publisher/Chronicler
      > Quivers & Quarrels
    • John Edgerton
      Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
        Are you saying the attachment did not show up?

        Jon

        Which click-on is the right click-on? Where is the best rag in SCA?

        JoO

        JoO

        ---- John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

        > Here it is!  The Nostalgia Fall Edition of Quivers & Quarrels – wherein we explore the Origins and Evolution of combat and target archery in the SCA, from the first garden stake arrows and Freon can helms to the exciting game we play today.
        > Check out our petite & deadly cover girl archer from the Northern Climes, Thorunn Smallwolf of Avacal in An Tir.
        > Read about:
        > * Sir Jon Fitz Rauf:  Profile of a Living Legend (and the man who essentially inventedSCA combat archery)
        > * Yumi and Ya: A brief survey of Japanese Archery
        > * Warbows have come to Avacal (An Tir)
        > * Thumb Rings
        > * How it Began:  Inga’s Tale of SCA Target & Combat Archery
        > * Fire Across the River:     Tactics for Combat Archers from the Senryaku
        > * A Study of Medieval and Renaissance Arrow Shaft Sizes
        > * How to Cut Feathers for Fletching
        > * The Medieval Archer’s Reading List
        > NOTE TO LOCAL CAPTAINS OF ARCHERS:  Please send us your updates on local archery practice schedules to QuiversQuarrels@....
        > We’re always looking for new and exciting content.  Send us your stories, photos, ideas, comments to QuiversQuarrels@....
        > *   *   *
        > JOB OPPORTUNITY:  looking for an SCA archer expert to host the “ASK THE ARCHER” column in future editions.
        > Thank you for reading Quivers & Quarrels.  Share it with your friends!
        > Ouregan filia Flaviani
        > Publisher/Chronicler
        > Quivers & Quarrels

      • John Edgerton
        Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
          Did the attachment show up at the bottom of the post?

          Jon

          Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
            Yes, it did.

            -John

            On 11/2/2013 4:55 PM, John Edgerton wrote:
            Did the attachment show up at the bottom of the post?

            <snip>

          • John Edgerton
            Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2, 2013
              Thank you.