Re: [SCA-Archery] Anyone actually MAKE arrows?

  • Frank Schalles
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 30, 2013

      I commend you for your art and ability!

      Ld. Francois de Lions,
      Keeper of the Royal Rounds, Ansteorra

      On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:04 PM, Janyn Fletcher <janynfletcher@...> wrote:

      Ahh ha I actually miss read this the first time. For the last 2 years now I have completely made the award arrows from scratch. I turned down the shafts out of half inch squares and footed them by hand with 4 wing footings. This year I had some cherry logs that came from our archery site and I cut each shaft from them and turned them down by hand as well. Each arrow took me over 26 hours each in planing and finishing. I used turkey feathers that I split, sanded and cut myself. The only thing I did not use that I made was the glue.