IKAC medallions

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013
      This is taken form from the IKAC/IKCAC section of the SCA Scores site.

      Jon
      **********************************

      URGENT -- Some Medallions still NOT awarded!

      Greetings from Lorenzo il Confuso, Keeper of the IKAC,

      This note is penned on 9 September 2013.

      To date, I still hold medallions for several of the winners but have no contact information, and so I am unable to send them on.
      If you are a winning archer from Atlantia, Outlands and Lochac, please contact me with your snail-mail information so that I can send you your medallion forthwith. Alternatively, if you are a Kingdom official or a kind person interested in distributing medallions to the winners for the Kingdoms listed above, also please contact me so that I can get them in the mail to you.
      Please send your emails to IkacKeeper

      Shoot well,
      - Lorenzo
    • Bill Tait

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013
          William

          Have you contacted Lorenzo about this?

          Jon

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013
              I was in touch with him the year that I earned a medallion (2007) and waited for it to be mailed. Since then, I've send a half dozen email to him, with not a single reply.

              William

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013

                For An Tir I have been getting them since the 2008 score season and having them present in court. Before that, I do not know who was receiving them.
                Wulfwyn
                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013
                  I don't know of anyone in Ansteorra that has received one. There was a push for doing IKACs back in 2008 through 2010 but when the medals never arrived from 2009, I think some people kinda drifted away and did not worry about reporting scores anymore.

                  Vincenti
                  Ansteorra

                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013
                            i had contacted lorenzo several times about the 2008 medallions for Aethelmearc with no response. upon seeing this e-mail and checking the site I have sent him another e-mail with snail mail info.

                            YIS
                            Laochlain Silverwolf

                            To: doug.copley@...
                            CC: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013
                              Greetings Sir Jon,

                              As Lorenzo's Deputy I would like to request that anyone missing
                              Medals from Past Years send me the particulars so that I can look
                              into it and forward to Lorenzo. Although sometimes delayed due to
                              delays in Vendor's producing the medals, or due to questions as to
                              whom exactly they are to be shipped to in a Kingdom, and mundane
                              issues weighing on the Keeper. (as they are again, unfortunately,
                              at present) I myself have had 15 medals pass through my hands, for
                              the East, since 2004. Although sometimes delayed, none have gone
                              missing!!

                              If anyone out there is missing medals please send me the following:
                              SCA Name, Division Name, and Year that you won!!

                              I will then do my best to help track down what became of them.

                              Osmond de Berwic
                              Deputy for IKAC Youth Divisions

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 19, 2013
                                Thank you.
                                Noted and filed.

                                Jon

                                To: doug.copley@...
                                CC: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 20, 2013

                                      Greetings Osmond

                                      Thank you for stepping in and offering to attempt to take care of the problem of the missing medallions.

                                      Since I created and ran the IKAC/IKCAC for twenty years, I have a personal interest in seeing this taken care of. There seems to be a recurring problem with communications with Lorenzo over the last few years both about the medallions and answering questions about the IKAC/IKCAC that needs to be resolved.

                                      So, everyone, if you did not receive your medallion, please contact Osmond about them as soon as possible. However, if you have not already posted here about that problem, could you also cc me when you email Osmond. I am trying to track this problem. Also, if you have had problems with communicating with Lorenzo could you post that here or email me direct.

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 24, 2013
                                        Update just received medallions for the 2008 season in the mail yesterday..

                                        YIS
                                        Laochlain.

                                        To: laochlain@...
                                        CC: sca-archery@yahoogroups.com
                                        From: sirjon1@...
                                        Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:17:55 -0700

                                        Thank you.
                                        Noted and filed.

                                        Jon

                                        To: doug.copley@...
                                        CC: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 24, 2013
                                          Noted and filed.

                                          Thank you

                                          Jon

                                          To: laochlain@...
                                          CC: sca-archery@yahoogroups.com
                                          From: sirjon1@...
                                          Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:17:55 -0700

                                          Thank you.
                                          Noted and filed.

                                          Jon

                                          To: doug.copley@...
                                          CC: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Sep 24, 2013
                                            Laochlain,

                                            2008!  That season ended nearly 5 years ago.

                                            Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

                                            To: laochlain@...
                                            CC: sca-archery@yahoogroups.com
                                            From: sirjon1@...
                                            Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:17:55 -0700

                                            Thank you.
                                            Noted and filed.

                                            Jon

                                            To: doug.copley@...
                                            CC: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Sep 24, 2013
                                              Was there any explanation of why it took so long and why there was no response before?

                                              Jon

                                              To: laochlain@...
                                              CC: sca-archery@yahoogroups.com
                                              From: sirjon1@...