RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: arrow rest (need for one or using a glove)

  • John Atkins
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 18, 2013
      And I have also added arrow rests on bows not constructed with them. I've used antler pieces and leather chunks. Usually I wrap them in the handle wrap and use a drop of glue to keep them from "drifting" I use.

      cog

      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 19, 2013
        > Caley, probably the wax would soften, but the cloth would hold the
        shape
        > if not bumped or squeezed. Of course it's better not to keep bows in a
        > hot vehicle anyway, though sometimes unavoidable. I imagine a different
        > kind or mix of wax types might hold up to a bit higher temperatures.
        >
        > Eirik

        Many people, myself included, leave for events straight after work,
        which means the vehicle needs to be loaded that morning or the evening
        before. Normally I leave my truck unlocked with the windows down in
        warm/hot weather, but if it's full of SCA stuff, it's locked tight,
        windows up to prevent theft.

        Caley