Re: Arrow shelf

  • larry phillips
    Message 1 of 42 , Sep 14, 2013
      Perhaps there were no bows used back then, which would alleviate the
      need for "proof" of hand grips and arrow rests. This in itself is good
      reason to not play the game.....who in their right mind gives two flying
      fornications if an innocuous piece of wood saves a shooter from visiting
      the ER with possibly limb threatening wounds from embedded fletchs? If
      we are going to be that precise, camp without heaters and lanterns, long
      johns and coolers, cell phones and Ipads........
      Klancey
    • Guy Taylor
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 15, 2013
        Klancey, I really don't want to start an argument with you but don't
        you think this is just a slightly silly response to all this?
        a. No one is saying you can't use an arrow rest on your bow... no one!
        b. If you want to wear a glove or some other sort of hand protection
        then do so. Who has said you can't?
        c. If your arrows are such that you fear getting feathers poked into
        your skin then you need better or different arrows... period.

        If an SCA archer wants to participate in "period" archery then there
        are certain equipment standards to adhere to. The leaders of SCA
        archery have determined those standards. If you don't like them you
        don't have to follow them, you just can't register in the period class
        if you choose not to follow those standards.

        This all seems pretty straightforward to me. I really don't see why so
        many people are getting their tights in a bunch over it.

        Taillear

        --
        The Greenman Archery <http://www.greenmanarchery.com/index.html> Website
        Fine custom wood arrows for traditional archers.