Re: [SCA-Archery] Period Long bow

  • Joe Irvine
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 13, 2013
      Awesome! Thanks for the link. This is what I have been searching for. I want to make my own bow, and this takes the hard part out of it.

      On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:15 AM, richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...> wrote:

      There are a lot of good people out there that make everything from
      autherntic Yew longbows for $1200 in England to people who do so in
      America.

      IF you are on a budget, try GIBow
      http://www.gibow.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=112_113
      For $50 or so (they often run half-price specials) you get a bare-bow
      that you can shoot immediatly or sand and stain and adjust as you will
      until it looks period.

      I own three of these in 35# & 45# and a short-bow in 35#.

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com