Re: [SCA-Archery] Period Long bow

  • Karl W. Evoy
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 12, 2013
      I could handle the 40-45# one; hope they keep this item around, as the budget this year is shot.
      Ancel

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 13, 2013
        If you want a 'Period' longbow, then as has been said before, this bow will not be correct, it has a notched arrow shelf/rest, so it cannot be used in the period bow division.

        - Iurii

        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 13, 2013

          How are his period bamboo arrows? I was thinking they may make a great tourney prize. At least get archers a chance at period arrows.
          Cat

        • richard johnson
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 13, 2013
            There are a lot of good people out there that make everything from
            autherntic Yew longbows for $1200 in England to people who do so in
            America.

            IF you are on a budget, try GIBow
            http://www.gibow.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=112_113
            For $50 or so (they often run half-price specials) you get a bare-bow
            that you can shoot immediatly or sand and stain and adjust as you will
            until it looks period.

            I own three of these in 35# & 45# and a short-bow in 35#.

            --
            Rick Johnson
            http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 13, 2013
              Awesome! Thanks for the link. This is what I have been searching for. I want to make my own bow, and this takes the hard part out of it.

              --
              Rick Johnson
              http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com