Photos for Quivers and Quarrels

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2013
      The SCA archery E-newsletter, "Quivers and Quarrels", is requesting photographs for a photo section featuring  "period" looking archers. Photos of archers in good looking period style clothing and gear or photos of period style gear (e.g. Bows, quivers. arrows, etc.) made by an archer will be published in each issue. Q&Q would like to help encourage more period looking archers SCA wide by showing examples of such archers.

      The archer or gear should fill most of the frame and be in focus. The name of the archer and their kingdom and local area must be included. A short write up of the time frame and area of the archer and gear ( e.g. Germany, mid 1400's) should be included with additional pertinent details.  The photos need to be jpegs and, if possible, be imbedded in a Word document along with the information on the photo and the release forms.

      Release forms from the archer in the photo (Model) and the photographer must be included as well. The release forms may be found at:
      http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleasePhotographerFillable.pdf
      http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleaseModelFillable.pdf

      Please send your photos and releasees to:  quiversquarrels@...

      The deadline for this next issue is October 15.

      “Quivers and Quarrels” is still looking for more archery related articles, event write ups and other information of interest to archers.

      Feel free to forward this to any archery groups or archers that you think might be interested.

      Thank you

      Sir Jon Fitz-Rauf

    • Ouregan filia Flaviani
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2013
        I'm not sure I understand Jim Pickett's concerns, but will do my best to address them.

        While Quivers & Quarrels is dedicated to SCA target and combat archery, as stated in our mission statement and approved by the Society Publisher, we see no problem with featuring cross-trained SCA archers that also use other weapons.

        Yours, faithfully,

        Ouregan filia Flaviani
        Chronicler

        Quivers and Quarrels

        On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Jim Pickette <pickette@...> wrote:
        Then,
        I REQUEST THAT Q&Q ALLOW THE SAME ISSUES AS ARCHER GENERALS DO.
        DO NOT EXCLUDE. INCLUDE THOSE THAT THE REGULATIONS ALLOW.
        IF THE NEWS LETTER DOES NOT REFLECT SCA POLICIES, THEN THEY SHOULD STOP.
        YIS
        JoO

        ---- John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:
        > At this point the focus in Quivers and Quarrels is on archery. But, a good looking outfit with spear and axe could still be used. I would have to clear it with the editor of Quivers and Quarrels after you send it in.

        The policy of your Archer General is not necessarily the policy of Quivers and Quarrels.

        Jon