Re: [SCA-Archery] Fall SSAC vote

  • JonThomme De Claydon
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 2013
      My thanks to Sir Jon and the other contributors to the proposed shoots. There are some interesting propositions there.
      Please take the time to vote.

      Jon Thomme

      On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

      The poll for the Fall SSAC is now up.  Please read the rules before voting, for each competition at the SCA Scores Site at: http://scores-sca.org/public/page.php?R=25&PID=148
      If one competition does not obtain over 50 per-cent of the vote, there will be an other vote between the top polling competitions.

      The poll ends at 11:00pm PDT on September 16.

      In service to the dream

      Baron Jon Thomme

      Gold is for the mistress
      Silver for the maid
      R. Kipling
    • Jonathas
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 9, 2013
        Baron Jon,

        If you are referring to the dates for the Proposed SSAC's, then yes.  The Scores Site already was able to handle "future" shoots so that Kingdoms that use a Seasoned Royal Round could have the next Season already in place and ready to shoot before the current Season ends.  This way the Kingdom Marshal could have the next season properly configured and ready to go before it is needed.  The site then takes care of turning off the season as it closes, and opening the new season at the appointed date.

        Rather then building some new fangled widget just for the Proposed SSAC shoots, the easy approach was just to give them a date way out in the future and add 'Proposed' to the title.  When a shoot is selected to become the next SSAC Season it will be updated to the correct open/close dates and be fully configured as needed.  So, for the Proposed shoots just ignore the open/close dates as they are meaning less, it is the rules that are important.

        Jonathas

        On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:38 PM, JonThomme De Claydon <JonThomme@...> wrote:

        Am I reading the date right? 2020?
        JT

        On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

        The poll for the Fall SSAC is now up.  Please read the rules before voting, for each competition at the SCA Scores Site at: http://scores-sca.org/public/page.php?R=25&PID=148
        If one competition does not obtain over 50 per-cent of the vote, there will be an other vote between the top polling competitions.

        The poll ends at 11:00pm PDT on September 16.

        In service to the dream

        Baron Jon Thomme

        Gold is for the mistress
        Silver for the maid
        R. Kipling

      • John R. Edgerton

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 11, 2013
            Is there a link to the actual Poll?

            Gaelen

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 11, 2013
              The link to the poll is:

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 14, 2013
                I know that the poll doesn't end until Monday. but there has been little response so far, only 12 votes last time I checked, and there are A LOT more that are members of this group and that shoot SSAC. The last poll for the Summer shoot (before the tie-breaker vote) had a total of 26 votes IIRC, I know there has been a bit of focus on the discussion about arrow rests, but please don't forget to vote.

                -IS,
                Iurii