Crossbow triggers

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 31, 2013
      In the last year and a half has there been a discussion of the use of late period triggers on crossbows.  I am referring to the trigger style that is similar to that on guns not the long "tickler" style trigger that runs parallel to the stock. I was told that there was such a discussion and the majority opinion was that they were unsafe. What was the reasoning for this judgement? The period ones I have seen illustrations of have trigger guards. So it seems to me that they would be less apt to shot by accident than a crossbow with a long tickler or a top lever release. Can anyone point to the series of posts on this, I have not been able to locate them.

      Thanks

      Jon
    • John R. Edgerton
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 19, 2013
        So noted.

        Thank you

        Jon

        David Keil <archosevrard@...> wrote:

        I am good with the change.

        Evrard de Valogne
        OGGS, An Tir

        On Sep 17, 2013, at 8:59 AM, "John R. Edgerton" <sirjon1@...> wrote:

        Noted.

        Thank you.

        Jon

        ater seraph <ater_seraph@...> wrote:

        Sir Jon, I like it. Would definitely be safer.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        From: John R. Edgerton <sirjon1@...>;