Fw: [SCA-West-Archery] GWW Crossbow Events

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: Michael of Boulton <sekim2003@...>
      To: SCA-West-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 2:42 PM
      Subject: [SCA-West-Archery] GWW Crossbow Events

      My Lords and Ladies,

      As the GWW Archery Event Steward I'm very glad to announce that we will be having Crossbow events this year. I will be bringing two butts and targets for your pleasure, also my Charging Viking target will be used. This will be a 3 day tournament, with 11 targets available, also an award for the highest scoring archer for the 3 days at the end of the tournament. There of course will be the Novelty events for the Longbow, 14 targets, large and in color. Royal Rounds and the GWW Championship will also be held, even a few night shoots. I do hope to see a few archers from the West attend...!
      The Crossbow events will have 11 different targets spread out over the 3 day event. One of them is my "Charging Viking" full size and in color. He starts out at 40 yards away and then pulled toward you until he is almost in arms length of you,  before  Hold is  called.
      My Crossbow events will only be Novelty events and there will be winners posted each of the three days of each days shoot, same with the Longbow. A special award will be given out at the end of the tournament Saturday afternoon for the overall winner scoring the most points during the three day events. Schedule to follow.

      In service,
      Michael of Boulton

    • JonThomme De Claydon
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 23, 2013
        Sounds like fun. You have put a lot of though into the event. Well done. I will shoot my hand bow and Crossbow as often as I am able.
        JT

        --
        In service to the dream

        Baron Jon Thomme

        Gold is for the mistress
        Silver for the maid
        R. Kipling
      • James Koch
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 23, 2013
          Michael,

          If you are gathering individual scores, you can submit them as a Grand Archery Tournament.  Just be sure to do so within 30 days of the event.

          Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

          >At 11:27 AM 8/23/2013, you wrote:

          Sounds like fun. You have put a lot of though into the event. Well done. I will shoot my hand bow and Crossbow as often as I am able.
          JT

          As the GWW Archery Event Steward I'm very glad to announce that we will be having Crossbow events this year. I will be bringing two butts and targets for your pleasure, also my Charging Viking target will be used. This will be a 3 day tournament, with 11 targets available, also an award for the highest scoring archer for the 3 days at the end of the tournament. There of course will be the Novelty events for the Longbow, 14 targets, large and in color. Royal Rounds and the GWW Championship will also be held, even a few night shoots. I do hope to see a few archers from the West attend...!
          The Crossbow events will have 11 different targets spread out over the 3 day event. One of them is my "Charging Viking" full size and in color. He starts out at 40 yards away and then pulled toward you until he is almost in arms length of you,  before  Hold is  called.
          My Crossbow events will only be Novelty events and there will be winners posted each of the three days of each days shoot, same with the Longbow. A special award will be given out at the end of the tournament Saturday afternoon for the overall winner scoring the most points during the three day events. Schedule to follow.

          In service,
          Michael of Boulton

          --
          In service to the dream

          Baron Jon Thomme

          Gold is for the mistress
          Silver for the maid
          R. Kipling
        • Mike Boultinghouse
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 23, 2013
            Jim,

            I thank you for what you have said, but don't think my novelty shoots would fall under the Grand Archery Tournament class, for one thing there isn't going to be a Royal Round set up for these shoots.

            Mike

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 24, 2013
              Mike,

              There is no royal round component to a Grand Archery Tournament.  Any shoot will suffice so long as you can capture or generate a numeric score for each competitor.  What makes a tournament "grand" is the number of people competing.

              Jim "Gladius"

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 24, 2013
                Jim,

                I thank you for this information and hope to see you at the GWW Archery Tournaments.

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 24, 2013
                  I would to see him there as well. However, Gladius lives in the Middle.

                  For more information on the GAT see the SCA Scores Site.  http://scores-sca.org/public/page.php?R=25&PID=146
                  and on the left click on GAT then on general rules.

                  Jon