Re: [SCA-Archery] Age of kingdom archery orders

  • Alexandre Saint Pierre
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
      I don't believe I've seen the East Kingdom represented yet.

      Order of the Sagittarius (OSag): given to those who show superior prowess at target archery, and who have distinguished themselves in archery in one of the following areas; teaching and demonstrating the art of archery, making archery equipment or by helping to arrange archery at events and/or sites. The order's badge is: Azure, a sagittary passant to sinister, the human torso turned to dexter Or. Established January 22, A.S. 18 by Viktor and Sedalia; updated March 24, A.S. 41 by Lucan and Jana.

      Orders of High Merit are "polling orders": the Crown must consult the companions of the order via a written poll before granting the award.

      The Order of the Sagittarius includes an Award of Arms if the recipient does not already bear a Patent, Grant, or Award of Arms.

      (from: http://www.sca.org/awards/east.html)

      -Alexandre

    • JonThomme De Claydon
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
        Forgot to include the dates.
        In Caid we have The Argent Arrow. 1984 (Armigerous) and The order of the Chiron. 1996 (Grant level)

        In service to the dream

        Baron Jon Thomme
        OC

        Gold is for the mistress
        Silver for the maid
        R. Kipling

        On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM, JonThomme De Claydon <jonthomme@...> wrote:
        In Caid we have The Argent Arrow. (Arnigerious) and The order of the Chiron. (Grant level)

        In service to the dream

        Baron Jon Thomme
        OC

        Gold is for the mistress