Age of kingdom archery orders

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
      I was wondering about the age of various kingdom archery orders.

      The West started with the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft in August of AS XX (1985). The name was later changed to the Royal Company of Archers and is now named the Royal Missile Company, it is a grant level order.

      What do the other kingdoms have?

      Jon
    • Ld.blackmoon
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
        greetings

        on jan 22nd 2002 Ansteorra created the " Arcus Majoris  "  which on march 18th 2005 became the " Arc D'or " by treaty with Trimaris.
        it is a grant level award.

        Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
        Arthur

        I was wondering about the age of various kingdom archery orders.

        The West started with the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft in August of AS XX (1985). The name was later changed to the Royal Company of Archers and is now named the Royal Missile Company, it is a grant level order.

        What do the other kingdoms have?

        Jon

        No virus found in this message.

      • Jonathas

          Message 4 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
            The West's RMC is also for all missile weapons.

            Jon

            In Atlantia we have the Yewbow which is a GoA level, via various names it dates back to 1987.  We also have the King's Missiliers which is an AoA level that dates back to 2004.  Both are for all things missile related; Target Archery, Combat Archery, Thrown Weapons, and Siege.

            Jonathas

            On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM, John Edgerton <sirjon1@...> wrote:

            I was wondering about the age of various kingdom archery orders.

            The West started with the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft in August of AS XX (1985). The name was later changed to the Royal Company of Archers and is now named the Royal Missile Company, it is a grant level order.

            What do the other kingdoms have?

            Jon

          • JonThomme De Claydon
            Message 5 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
              In Caid we have The Argent Arrow. (Arnigerious) and The order of the Chiron. (Grant level)

              In service to the dream

              Baron Jon Thomme
              OC

              Gold is for the mistress
              Silver for the maid
              R. Kipling
            • Chris Ivins
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                In An Tir it is the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft, Grant level.

                http://wiki.antir.sca.org/index.php?title=Order_of_the_Grey_Goose_Shaft

                From the An Tir Culturewiki:
                "Although the West Kingdom dropped the award in favor of the Royal Company of Archers, in the Principality, and later the Kingdom of An Tir, the OGGS flourished, rising from a non-armigerous award to its current Grant-level status."

                - Iurii Levchenich

                  Message 8 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013

                    The Midrealm's Greenwood Company (grant level) was formed on February 3, 1996

                    Llywelyn Glyndyverdwy (Mark Cipra)

                    __

                    Message 9 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                      In the Middle Kingdom, we have the Order of the Dragon's Barb, award of arms, dating from August of 1987, and the Order of the Greenwood Company, grant of arms, dating from February of 1996.

                      Baron and Forester Nigel

                      --
                      "Ausculta, feminae novae in lacunis recumbens gladii dispensans non fundamentum pro formula administrationis est."
                      -
                      Message 10 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                        I have not found a date for when An Tir started using the OGGS, but I am looking up the information.
                        - Iurii

                        Message 11 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                          Looks like 1992 for An Tir according to the O and A.

                          http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_name.cgi?p=Grey%20Goose%20Shaft%2C%20Order%20of%20the

                          HL Tristan O'Shea

                          Message 12 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                            I just doubled check on the OGGS in the West, the date I gave was wrong.  It was Jan AS XIV (1980). 1987 was when the name was changed to RCA.

                            Jon

                            Message 13 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                              Jon, Atlantia has the Order of the Yew Bow started in 1987, it is also a grant level order.

                              In Service,

                              Janyn

                              Message 14 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                                Greetings!

                                In Ealdormere, we have a streamlined set of awards. The Grant-level
                                martial Order, which can be given for archery, is Thorbjorn's Hammer,
                                first given on 11/14/98 (and first given to an archer two weeks later).
                                The AoA-level award is the Scarlet Banner, first awarded 4/10/1999 (I
                                can't tell which of the early awardees might have been for archery,
                                since several of them do multiple things).

                                Nicolaa
                              • Hugh Prescott
                                Message 15 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                                  Kingdom of Calontir, Kingdom status 1983

                                  GOA level Boga Hirth first awarded on 1984-09-02presently 39 members

                                  AOA level Boga Fyrd first awarded on 1983-02-26 presently 184 members

                                  Hugh Prescott, Boga Huscarl #17 (1996)
                                • J C Ronsen
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Aug 13, 2013
                                    On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:28:43 -0700 (PDT), John Edgerton wrote:
                                    > I was wondering about the age of various kingdom archery orders.
                                    >

                                    > The West started with the Order of the Grey Goose Shaft in August
                                    > of AS XX (1985). The name was later changed to the Royal Company of
                                    > Archers and is now named the Royal Missile Company, it is a grant
                                    > level order.
                                    >

                                    > What do the other kingdoms have?
                                    >

                                    > Jon

                                    In AEthelmearc, we have three archery related awards, one for youth and two for adults.
                                    The Order of the Silver Alce (founded 08/16/02) is a youth, non-armigerous award award for any and all martial activities.
                                    The Order of the Golden Alce (founded 02/10/90) is an AoA level award for any and all martial activities.
                                    The Order of the Scarlet Guard (founded 10/18/97) is a GoA level order strictly for archery.

                                    ska: Baron Caleb Reynolds
                                    mka: Caleb Ronsen
                                    aka: Bubba th' Barbarian
                                    Baron of the Court of AEthelmearc
                                    Because you can't spell "Blare Yens Cold" without Caleb Reynolds.

                                    "A penny for your thoughts; $20 to act it out"
                                  • John Edgerton
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
                                      I thought the OGGS had members in An Tir dating back to the 1980's.

                                      Jon

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013

                                        Some members were inducted into the Order while An Tir was still a Principality.  Thomas of Appledore and Julian Farnsworth of Falconmoors come to mind.

                                        Archos Aleksei Zateev, OGGS

                                        I thought the OGGS had members in An Tir dating back to the 1980's.

                                        Jon

                                        Looks like 1992 for An Tir according to the O and A.

                                        http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_name.cgi?p=Grey%20Goose%20Shaft%2C%20Order%20of%20the

                                        HL Tristan O'Shea

                                        I have not found a date for when An Tir started using the OGGS, but I am looking up the information.
                                        - Iurii

                                        In Caid we have The Argent Arrow. (Arnigerious) and The order of the Chiron. (Grant level)

                                        In service to the dream

                                        Baron Jon Thomme
                                        OC

                                        Gold is for the mistress
                                        Silver for the maid
                                        R. Kipling

                                      • Alexandre Saint Pierre
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
                                          I don't believe I've seen the East Kingdom represented yet.

                                          Order of the Sagittarius (OSag): given to those who show superior prowess at target archery, and who have distinguished themselves in archery in one of the following areas; teaching and demonstrating the art of archery, making archery equipment or by helping to arrange archery at events and/or sites. The order's badge is: Azure, a sagittary passant to sinister, the human torso turned to dexter Or. Established January 22, A.S. 18 by Viktor and Sedalia; updated March 24, A.S. 41 by Lucan and Jana.

                                          Orders of High Merit are "polling orders": the Crown must consult the companions of the order via a written poll before granting the award.

                                          The Order of the Sagittarius includes an Award of Arms if the recipient does not already bear a Patent, Grant, or Award of Arms.

                                          (from: http://www.sca.org/awards/east.html)

                                          -Alexandre

                                        • JonThomme De Claydon
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Aug 14, 2013
                                            Forgot to include the dates.
                                            In Caid we have The Argent Arrow. 1984 (Armigerous) and The order of the Chiron. 1996 (Grant level)

                                            In service to the dream

                                            Baron Jon Thomme
                                            OC

                                            Gold is for the mistress