Re: [SCA-Archery] ??strings??

  • ater seraph
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 2013

      And no offense to you, but at less than half the price I'll take lil John's truck string.

      David

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2013
        Hah!
        Well put, David.
        I encourage all archers to learn how to make their own Flemish
        bowstrings. It's not a difficult thing to learn and it adds immensly
        to the archery experience.
        Plus, you'll never have to wait when you suddenly find yourself in
        need of a new string... like at an event that you won't be able to
        participate in due to a broken or damaged string... or one that is
        sitting on the kitchen table, 36 miles away.

        --
        The Greenman Archery <http://www.greenmanarchery.com/index.html> Website
        Fine custom wood arrows for traditional archers.
      • Carolus
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
          I keep a spool of bowstring material in my tackle bag along with my tape measures and a sharp knife.  Given a half hour or so I can build a new string anywhere.  Great thing about Flemish twist is that it needs no serving (I usually serve the centers anyway) by adding a few extra strands in the center (otherwise their critical or hyper-critical strings for speed).
          Carolus
          On 8/11/2013 11:54 PM, Guy Taylor wrote:

          Hah!
          Well put, David.
          I encourage all archers to learn how to make their own Flemish
          bowstrings. It's not a difficult thing to learn and it adds immensly
          to the archery experience.
          Plus, you'll never have to wait when you suddenly find yourself in
          need of a new string... like at an event that you won't be able to
          participate in due to a broken or damaged string... or one that is
          sitting on the kitchen table, 36 miles away.

          Taillear

          On 8/11/13, ater seraph <ater_seraph@...> wrote:
          > And no offense to you, but at less than half the price I'll take lil John's
          > truck string.
          >
          > David
          >
          > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          --
          The Greenman Archery <http://www.greenmanarchery.com/index.html> Website
          Fine custom wood arrows for traditional archers.

        • Bill Moore
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013

            On this same note about strings, where would one find a nice 25” string for a crossbow, with about a 60# pull?

            Edward

            href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/170895260029?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649">http://www.ebay.com/itm/170895260029?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

          • Caley
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2013
              I always buy strings in pairs, and I always bring both to events in case
              something happens to one of them.

              Caley