Re: [SCA-Archery] Please send your local kingdom archery practice schedules

  • Ouregan filia Flaviani
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 15, 2013
      Dear Siegfried,

      Because this is a Society-level publication, we are organizing all local practices under the Kingdom and then by barony, etc. so both locals and visitors can more easily find these local practices.  It's the best way to organize the information.

      We will update these listings every quarter.  If the local captains of archers can help us keep these listings updated, it would be great.

      Thank you for your assistance with this.

      Yours, faithfully,
      Ouregan

      Ouregan filia Flaviani
      Chronicler

      Quivers and Quarrels

      On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:
      > Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP?  Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

      I can't speak for other Kingdoms.

      But in Atlantia, there are no 'Kingdom Organized Archery Practices'.
      Shires, Cantons, Strongholds, Baronies, etc each schedule their own, and
      keep their own schedules of them.  Some are consistent, others vary much
      and you need to be on a mailing list to know when it is/isn't happening.

      And some practices are in people's backyards or basements, where it is
      open to the SCA, but prior introduction is suggested.

      etc

      So the 'kingdom' can't really provide you a list of monthly archery
      practices.

      Siegfried

      --
      Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia

    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 15, 2013
        Oh I understand the need for organization :)

        I was just pointing out that you asked the 'Kingdoms' to provide the
        information, not "Hey everyone tell me about any monthly practices you
        know of."

        And, not knowing your local kingdom and/or how things are run there.
        Just wanted to point out that at least out here, it's rare that a
        'Kingdom' would be able to provide that information to you.

        In Service,
        Siegfried

        --
        Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia
      • Taslen
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
          Jonathas,

          Excellent I will incorporate this into the next issues listings!

          Gaelen O'Gradaigh
          Co Editor of Quivers and Quarrels

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
            Vicenti,

            If you would would you copy me on that? I am in charge of the practice and event listings and scores for the Q and Q

            Gaelen O'Gradaigh
            Co Editor Quivers and Quarrels

            Ansteorra is the same way. We have many many practices throughout the Kingdom on a weekly basis but there are no "Kingdom" practices each group determines their own schedule and and cancel at their own discretion. We can get you a list of some of the local practices to add to your list.

            Vincenti

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
              Barun Siegfried

              Any listings you can provide we will certainly post on a timely basis also any events or event results will you copy me on? As I am in charge of those listings.

              YiS
              Lord Gaelen O'Gradaigh

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                My apologies for a slow response
                Barony of Sundragon and the Barony of Atenveldt in the Kingdom of Atenveldt practice together on Sundays at El Oso Park
                October thru April 9 AM and May thru September 7 AM

                On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

                Vicenti,

                If you would would you copy me on that? I am in charge of the practice and event listings and scores for the Q and Q

                Gaelen O'Gradaigh
                Co Editor Quivers and Quarrels

                Ansteorra is the same way. We have many many practices throughout the Kingdom on a weekly basis but there are no "Kingdom" practices each group determines their own schedule and and cancel at their own discretion. We can get you a list of some of the local practices to add to your list.

                Vincenti

                On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:

                > Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

                I can't speak for other Kingdoms.

                But in Atlantia, there are no 'Kingdom Organized Archery Practices'.
                Shires, Cantons, Strongholds, Baronies, etc each schedule their own, and
                keep their own schedules of them. Some are consistent, others vary much
                and you need to be on a mailing list to know when it is/isn't happening.

                And some practices are in people's backyards or basements, where it is
                open to the SCA, but prior introduction is suggested.

                etc

                So the 'kingdom' can't really provide you a list of monthly archery
                practices.

                Siegfried

                --
                Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia

                YIS
                Cealleach Colquhoun C.B.P., C.A.A., C.A.A.C
                Captain of Sundragon Archery

                "If you ignore the dragon, it will eat you.  If you confront the dragon, it will overpower you.  If you ride the dragon, you will take advantage of its might and power."
              • Taslen
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                  Excellent!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                    This is for Royal Rounds and Tournaments only at this time for Target Archery Sorry I didn't specify in my earlier post

                    Excellent!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                      pk lets see if I can catch the update I just submitted