Re: [SCA-Archery] Please send your local kingdom archery practice schedules

  • Jonathas
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 15 7:51 AM
      Thanks for the lead in to the PSA....

      The SCA Scores Site has a list of a all archery practices that the hosting marshals wish to publicize.  While the link below shows all of the practices entered when the page is viewed from within any given kingdom's Archery Scores pages it will only display the list from that kingdom.  This page is publicly available so that all may find practices in their local area or if they are on travel to other areas.
      http://www.scores-sca.org/public/practices.php

      Marshals, if you have an account you may enter and update the information about any practice you host should you care to share that information.  As it is displayed publicly please consider what information you post.

      Ouregan, as this information is published publicly already you are welcome to republish it in the Q&Q if you wish.

      In Service,
      Jonathas

      On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM, aouregon <quiversquarrels@...> wrote:

      Greetings, Gentles,

      We're finalizing our Summer edition of Quivers & Quarrels, the SCA quarterly devoted to target and combat archery in the Knowne Worlde.

      Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

      Also, if you've got news, info, photos, stories, artwork or ideas you'd like us to include in this or upcoming editions, we welcome your contributions.

      Please send to:

      quiversquarrels@...

      Yours, faithfully,

      Ouregan filia Flaviani
      Publisher of Quivers & Quarrels

    • Ouregan filia Flaviani
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 15 9:19 AM
        Dear Siegfried,

        Because this is a Society-level publication, we are organizing all local practices under the Kingdom and then by barony, etc. so both locals and visitors can more easily find these local practices.  It's the best way to organize the information.

        We will update these listings every quarter.  If the local captains of archers can help us keep these listings updated, it would be great.

        Thank you for your assistance with this.

        Yours, faithfully,
        Ouregan

        Ouregan filia Flaviani
        Chronicler

        Quivers and Quarrels

        On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:
        > Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP?  Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

        I can't speak for other Kingdoms.

        But in Atlantia, there are no 'Kingdom Organized Archery Practices'.
        Shires, Cantons, Strongholds, Baronies, etc each schedule their own, and
        keep their own schedules of them.  Some are consistent, others vary much
        and you need to be on a mailing list to know when it is/isn't happening.

        And some practices are in people's backyards or basements, where it is
        open to the SCA, but prior introduction is suggested.

        etc

        So the 'kingdom' can't really provide you a list of monthly archery
        practices.

        Siegfried

        --
        Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia

      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 15 9:35 AM
          Oh I understand the need for organization :)

          I was just pointing out that you asked the 'Kingdoms' to provide the
          information, not "Hey everyone tell me about any monthly practices you
          know of."

          And, not knowing your local kingdom and/or how things are run there.
          Just wanted to point out that at least out here, it's rare that a
          'Kingdom' would be able to provide that information to you.

          In Service,
          Siegfried

          --
          Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia
        • Taslen
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 17 3:46 AM
            Jonathas,

            Excellent I will incorporate this into the next issues listings!

            Gaelen O'Gradaigh
            Co Editor of Quivers and Quarrels

            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 17 4:59 PM
              Vicenti,

              If you would would you copy me on that? I am in charge of the practice and event listings and scores for the Q and Q

              Gaelen O'Gradaigh
              Co Editor Quivers and Quarrels

              Ansteorra is the same way. We have many many practices throughout the Kingdom on a weekly basis but there are no "Kingdom" practices each group determines their own schedule and and cancel at their own discretion. We can get you a list of some of the local practices to add to your list.

              Vincenti

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 17 5:03 PM
                Barun Siegfried

                Any listings you can provide we will certainly post on a timely basis also any events or event results will you copy me on? As I am in charge of those listings.

                YiS
                Lord Gaelen O'Gradaigh

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 17 5:11 PM
                  My apologies for a slow response
                  Barony of Sundragon and the Barony of Atenveldt in the Kingdom of Atenveldt practice together on Sundays at El Oso Park
                  October thru April 9 AM and May thru September 7 AM

                  On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

                  Vicenti,

                  If you would would you copy me on that? I am in charge of the practice and event listings and scores for the Q and Q

                  Gaelen O'Gradaigh
                  Co Editor Quivers and Quarrels

                  Ansteorra is the same way. We have many many practices throughout the Kingdom on a weekly basis but there are no "Kingdom" practices each group determines their own schedule and and cancel at their own discretion. We can get you a list of some of the local practices to add to your list.

                  Vincenti

                  On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:

                  > Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

                  I can't speak for other Kingdoms.

                  But in Atlantia, there are no 'Kingdom Organized Archery Practices'.
                  Shires, Cantons, Strongholds, Baronies, etc each schedule their own, and
                  keep their own schedules of them. Some are consistent, others vary much
                  and you need to be on a mailing list to know when it is/isn't happening.

                  And some practices are in people's backyards or basements, where it is
                  open to the SCA, but prior introduction is suggested.

                  etc

                  So the 'kingdom' can't really provide you a list of monthly archery
                  practices.

                  Siegfried

                  --
                  Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia

                  YIS
                  Cealleach Colquhoun C.B.P., C.A.A., C.A.A.C
                  Captain of Sundragon Archery

                  "If you ignore the dragon, it will eat you.  If you confront the dragon, it will overpower you.  If you ride the dragon, you will take advantage of its might and power."
                • Taslen
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 17 5:40 PM
                    Excellent!

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 17 5:44 PM
                      This is for Royal Rounds and Tournaments only at this time for Target Archery Sorry I didn't specify in my earlier post

                      Excellent!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 17 5:47 PM
                        pk lets see if I can catch the update I just submitted