Please send your local kingdom archery practice schedules

  • aouregon
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 14, 2013
      Greetings, Gentles,

      We're finalizing our Summer edition of Quivers & Quarrels, the SCA quarterly devoted to target and combat archery in the Knowne Worlde.

      Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

      Also, if you've got news, info, photos, stories, artwork or ideas you'd like us to include in this or upcoming editions, we welcome your contributions.

      Please send to:

      quiversquarrels@...

      Yours, faithfully,

      Ouregan filia Flaviani
      Publisher of Quivers & Quarrels
    • aouregon
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 14, 2013
        You may write to us at:

        QuiversQuarrels at gmail dot com

        *O*
      • Siegfried
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 15, 2013
          > Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

          I can't speak for other Kingdoms.

          But in Atlantia, there are no 'Kingdom Organized Archery Practices'.
          Shires, Cantons, Strongholds, Baronies, etc each schedule their own, and
          keep their own schedules of them. Some are consistent, others vary much
          and you need to be on a mailing list to know when it is/isn't happening.

          And some practices are in people's backyards or basements, where it is
          open to the SCA, but prior introduction is suggested.

          etc

          So the 'kingdom' can't really provide you a list of monthly archery
          practices.

          Siegfried

          --
          Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia
        • Doug Copley
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 15, 2013
            Ansteorra is the same way. We have many many practices throughout the Kingdom on a weekly basis but there are no "Kingdom" practices each group determines their own schedule and and cancel at their own discretion. We can get you a list of some of the local practices to add to your list.

            Vincenti

            On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:

            > Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

            I can't speak for other Kingdoms.

            But in Atlantia, there are no 'Kingdom Organized Archery Practices'.
            Shires, Cantons, Strongholds, Baronies, etc each schedule their own, and
            keep their own schedules of them. Some are consistent, others vary much
            and you need to be on a mailing list to know when it is/isn't happening.

            And some practices are in people's backyards or basements, where it is
            open to the SCA, but prior introduction is suggested.

            etc

            So the 'kingdom' can't really provide you a list of monthly archery
            practices.

            Siegfried

            --
            Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia

          • Jonathas
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 15, 2013
              Thanks for the lead in to the PSA....

              The SCA Scores Site has a list of a all archery practices that the hosting marshals wish to publicize.  While the link below shows all of the practices entered when the page is viewed from within any given kingdom's Archery Scores pages it will only display the list from that kingdom.  This page is publicly available so that all may find practices in their local area or if they are on travel to other areas.
              http://www.scores-sca.org/public/practices.php

              Marshals, if you have an account you may enter and update the information about any practice you host should you care to share that information.  As it is displayed publicly please consider what information you post.

              Ouregan, as this information is published publicly already you are welcome to republish it in the Q&Q if you wish.

              In Service,
              Jonathas

              On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 10:45 PM, aouregon <quiversquarrels@...> wrote:

              Greetings, Gentles,

              We're finalizing our Summer edition of Quivers & Quarrels, the SCA quarterly devoted to target and combat archery in the Knowne Worlde.

              Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

              Also, if you've got news, info, photos, stories, artwork or ideas you'd like us to include in this or upcoming editions, we welcome your contributions.

              Please send to:

              quiversquarrels@...

              Yours, faithfully,

              Ouregan filia Flaviani
              Publisher of Quivers & Quarrels

            • Ouregan filia Flaviani
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 15, 2013
                Dear Siegfried,

                Because this is a Society-level publication, we are organizing all local practices under the Kingdom and then by barony, etc. so both locals and visitors can more easily find these local practices.  It's the best way to organize the information.

                We will update these listings every quarter.  If the local captains of archers can help us keep these listings updated, it would be great.

                Thank you for your assistance with this.

                Yours, faithfully,
                Ouregan

                Ouregan filia Flaviani
                Chronicler

                Quivers and Quarrels

                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 15, 2013
                  Oh I understand the need for organization :)

                  I was just pointing out that you asked the 'Kingdoms' to provide the
                  information, not "Hey everyone tell me about any monthly practices you
                  know of."

                  And, not knowing your local kingdom and/or how things are run there.
                  Just wanted to point out that at least out here, it's rare that a
                  'Kingdom' would be able to provide that information to you.

                  In Service,
                  Siegfried

                  --
                  Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia
                • Taslen
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                    Jonathas,

                    Excellent I will incorporate this into the next issues listings!

                    Gaelen O'Gradaigh
                    Co Editor of Quivers and Quarrels

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                      Vicenti,

                      If you would would you copy me on that? I am in charge of the practice and event listings and scores for the Q and Q

                      Gaelen O'Gradaigh
                      Co Editor Quivers and Quarrels

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                        Barun Siegfried

                        Any listings you can provide we will certainly post on a timely basis also any events or event results will you copy me on? As I am in charge of those listings.

                        YiS
                        Lord Gaelen O'Gradaigh

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                          My apologies for a slow response
                          Barony of Sundragon and the Barony of Atenveldt in the Kingdom of Atenveldt practice together on Sundays at El Oso Park
                          October thru April 9 AM and May thru September 7 AM

                          On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Taslen <taslen2000@...> wrote:

                          Vicenti,

                          If you would would you copy me on that? I am in charge of the practice and event listings and scores for the Q and Q

                          Gaelen O'Gradaigh
                          Co Editor Quivers and Quarrels

                          Ansteorra is the same way. We have many many practices throughout the Kingdom on a weekly basis but there are no "Kingdom" practices each group determines their own schedule and and cancel at their own discretion. We can get you a list of some of the local practices to add to your list.

                          Vincenti

                          On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Siegfried <siegfried@...> wrote:

                          > Could I please get from all kingdoms, your current list of monthly archery practices ASAP? Please send to: quiversquarrels@...

                          I can't speak for other Kingdoms.

                          But in Atlantia, there are no 'Kingdom Organized Archery Practices'.
                          Shires, Cantons, Strongholds, Baronies, etc each schedule their own, and
                          keep their own schedules of them. Some are consistent, others vary much
                          and you need to be on a mailing list to know when it is/isn't happening.

                          And some practices are in people's backyards or basements, where it is
                          open to the SCA, but prior introduction is suggested.

                          etc

                          So the 'kingdom' can't really provide you a list of monthly archery
                          practices.

                          Siegfried

                          --
                          Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia

                          YIS
                          Cealleach Colquhoun C.B.P., C.A.A., C.A.A.C
                          Captain of Sundragon Archery

                          "If you ignore the dragon, it will eat you.  If you confront the dragon, it will overpower you.  If you ride the dragon, you will take advantage of its might and power."
                        • Taslen
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                            Excellent!

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                              This is for Royal Rounds and Tournaments only at this time for Target Archery Sorry I didn't specify in my earlier post

                              Excellent!

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 17, 2013
                                pk lets see if I can catch the update I just submitted