Re: Shooting

  • Amber Bayles
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 11, 2013
      I shoot a Samick SKB recurve with a draw-weight of 30# @ 28". It's a modern version of a traditional Korean bow without an arrow shelf. I make my own self-nock arrows and shoot off the hand. I shoot it Western style (three fingers on the string), but I'm starting to play with thumb release.

      -Faolan mac Cairbre
      Barony of Bjornsborg, Ansteorra

      --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, "David" <ater_seraph@ ...> wrote:

      > Greetings fellow Archers,

      > I was wondering what poundage and draw lengths of bows you all shoot for leisure and competition. I have two English/Welsh style period bows, in 45 and 55lbs, both at a 28" draw, and a horsebow on the way in 45lb at 28" also. How about you guys?

      > In Service,

      > Da'ud
      > Barony of Adiantum, AnTir
    • Dougal MacAlister
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 13, 2013
        My lightweight tourney bow, 75# modern longbow.
        My lightweight warbow, 110# bamboo -yew lam.

        Sent from my iPhone