Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: Shooting

  • Bernhard Rohrer
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 11, 2013
      Kassai Turgul I @ 28#. Mostly to get my technique back. Will move up to at least 35# after that.

      /Arpad

      ----------------original message-----------------
      From: "victoriadewhitney" victoria.dewhitney@...
      To: SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 00:42:03 -0000

      --
    • Amber Bayles
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 11, 2013
        I shoot a Samick SKB recurve with a draw-weight of 30# @ 28". It's a modern version of a traditional Korean bow without an arrow shelf. I make my own self-nock arrows and shoot off the hand. I shoot it Western style (three fingers on the string), but I'm starting to play with thumb release.

        -Faolan mac Cairbre
        Barony of Bjornsborg, Ansteorra

        --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, "David" <ater_seraph@ ...> wrote:

        > Greetings fellow Archers,

        > I was wondering what poundage and draw lengths of bows you all shoot for leisure and competition. I have two English/Welsh style period bows, in 45 and 55lbs, both at a 28" draw, and a horsebow on the way in 45lb at 28" also. How about you guys?

        > In Service,

        > Da'ud
        > Barony of Adiantum, AnTir
      • Dougal MacAlister
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 13, 2013
          My lightweight tourney bow, 75# modern longbow.
          My lightweight warbow, 110# bamboo -yew lam.

          Sent from my iPhone