RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: Shooting

  • Tristan Workman
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 11, 2013
      I agree... I prefer shooting where there is a flat trajectory until just
      past 30 yards so that I barely have to correct for the first two distances.

      However it is getting old how people on the range think I have a 50# due to
      some SCA monster truck attitude. I could care less what poundage people
      use... Personally, if I was going to do that I would own an 80# or above.
      *grin*

      Ok, mild rant over... heh

      Tristan O'Shea

      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 11, 2013
        Kassai Turgul I @ 28#. Mostly to get my technique back. Will move up to at least 35# after that.

        /Arpad

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 11, 2013
          I shoot a Samick SKB recurve with a draw-weight of 30# @ 28". It's a modern version of a traditional Korean bow without an arrow shelf. I make my own self-nock arrows and shoot off the hand. I shoot it Western style (three fingers on the string), but I'm starting to play with thumb release.

          -Faolan mac Cairbre
          Barony of Bjornsborg, Ansteorra

          --- In SCA-Archery@ yahoogroups. com, "David" <ater_seraph@ ...> wrote:

          > Greetings fellow Archers,

          > I was wondering what poundage and draw lengths of bows you all shoot for leisure and competition. I have two English/Welsh style period bows, in 45 and 55lbs, both at a 28" draw, and a horsebow on the way in 45lb at 28" also. How about you guys?

          > In Service,

          > Da'ud
          > Barony of Adiantum, AnTir
        • Dougal MacAlister
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 13, 2013
            My lightweight tourney bow, 75# modern longbow.
            My lightweight warbow, 110# bamboo -yew lam.

            Sent from my iPhone