Re: bows for sale?

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2013
      If you're going to sell the Kingfisher, how much would you want for it, and do you have a guesstimate of shipping to NJ? If you are willing to hold on to it until Pennsic, I have a few friends going that could meet up with you to pick it up.

      Please let me know.

      Miles Boweman (aka Michael Iurilli)

      --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...> wrote:

      > I made a couple antler arrowrests for my new longbow last night and
      > while waiting for the glue to dry so i can shape them and wrap the
      > handle, I dug my collection out.
      > I have WAYYYYYY to many bows!
      > 3 longbows.
      > .....3 take-down
      > .....3 recurves
      > .....1 fiberglass
      > .....1 bamboo from India
      > .....couple crossbows from Vietnam (yes i am that old)
      > .....an old wham-o with a broken trigger spering I need to fix
      > .....etc.. a few others laying around in the storage I cannot remember.
      >
      > So i am thinking of selling a few.
      > Bear AT3611 Recurve 58#
      > Magnum Hunter 286 recurve 40#
      > maybe my PSE Kingfisher take-down 40# limbs.
      >
      > maybe one or two others.
      >
      > I cannot decide if I should post them on Craigslist or take them to
      > Bookmans Used Sporting Goods but why not see if anyone here wants one?
      >
      > I have no idea of how much to charge though or what shipping willl be.
      >
      > --
      > Rick Johnson
      > http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

    • richard johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2013
        Problem is that the Kingfisheris a heavey bow (the riser is aluminum.
        It's a nice bow bu theavy as it was made for fishing so shipping will be a bear!

        Pennsic is 3 day drive so I cannot make it.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2013
        FINALLY!!!
        The first pic is of the three bows for comparison. Tit to tip the top
        bow is 55 3/4" so the Hunter is maybe 50".
        The 40# Magnum hunter is in the middle.
        The top bow is the Kodiak @47#, the bottom is the AT3611 @ 58#.

        They are unstrung, the string is simply set on the bow so itdoesn't
        get mixed up with the other strings.

        On 6/28/13, Groff, Garth (ggg9y) <ggg9y@...> wrote:
        > Rich,
        >
        > I would be interested in the Magnum 286, or one of your other recurves if
        > they are 40# or just short of that. My old Ben Pearson Cougar died, and I
        > need another 40# bow for my loaner kit. So let's talk condition and price,
        > plus shipping to Virginia. Any chance of photos?
        >
        > Yeah, I know the "too many bows" problem very well. Not to do one-upmanship,
        > but between my sweetheart and I have over 20, plus some deaders I keep for
        > teaching MITs, plus the shire's collection of another 10 in my custody. And
        > there's also a crossbow. Fortunately, we have a big, big basement.
        >
        > Yours Aye,
        >

        > Lord Mungo Napier, Archer of Mallard Lodge

        Rick Johnson
        http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      • rickj
        Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2013
          I apologize for these posts.
          I am trying to deal with another member but google-chrome keeps sending the message to this e-group, even when the only name in the address line is his.

          Oh well, BTW, of the 4 bows I am selling, I think that shipping across the country would cost more than if you were to find one of craigslist which is where I found all of these that I am selling.
          That should teach me to test a bow before I purchase<g>.