bows for sale?

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28 10:05 AM
      I made a couple antler arrowrests for my new longbow last night and
      while waiting for the glue to dry so i can shape them and wrap the
      handle, I dug my collection out.
      I have WAYYYYYY to many bows!
      3 longbows.
      .....3 take-down
      .....3 recurves
      .....1 fiberglass
      .....1 bamboo from India
      .....couple crossbows from Vietnam (yes i am that old)
      .....an old wham-o with a broken trigger spering I need to fix
      .....etc.. a few others laying around in the storage I cannot remember.

      So i am thinking of selling a few.
      Bear AT3611 Recurve 58#
      Magnum Hunter 286 recurve 40#
      maybe my PSE Kingfisher take-down 40# limbs.

      maybe one or two others.

      I cannot decide if I should post them on Craigslist or take them to
      Bookmans Used Sporting Goods but why not see if anyone here wants one?

      I have no idea of how much to charge though or what shipping willl be.

      --
      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28 10:33 AM

        Rich,

        I would be interested in the Magnum 286, or one of your other recurves if they are 40# or just short of that. My old Ben Pearson Cougar died, and I need another 40# bow for my loaner kit. So let’s talk condition and price, plus shipping to Virginia. Any chance of photos?

        Yeah, I know the “too many bows” problem very well. Not to do one-upmanship, but between my sweetheart and I have over 20, plus some deaders I keep for teaching MITs, plus the shire’s collection of another 10 in my custody. And there’s also a crossbow. Fortunately, we have a big, big basement.

        Yours Aye,

        Lord Mungo Napier, Archer of Mallard Lodge

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28 11:12 AM
          Rick,

          Greybarr.  He buys used bows including recurves and take downs.  You can meet up with him at Pennsic.

          Jim Koch "Gladius The Alchemist"

          >At 01:05 PM 6/28/2013, you wrote:

          I made a couple antler arrowrests for my new longbow last night and
          while waiting for the glue to dry so i can shape them and wrap the
          handle, I dug my collection out.
          I have WAYYYYYY to many bows!
          3 longbows.
          .....3 take-down
          .....3 recurves
          .....1 fiberglass
          .....1 bamboo from India
          .....couple crossbows from Vietnam (yes i am that old)
          .....an old wham-o with a broken trigger spering I need to fix
          .....etc.. a few others laying around in the storage I cannot remember.

          So i am thinking of selling a few.
          Bear AT3611 Recurve 58#
          Magnum Hunter 286 recurve 40#
          maybe my PSE Kingfisher take-down 40# limbs.

          maybe one or two others.

          I cannot decide if I should post them on Craigslist or take them to
          Bookmans Used Sporting Goods but why not see if anyone here wants one?

          I have no idea of how much to charge though or what shipping willl be.

          --
          Rick Johnson
          http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28 7:42 PM
            If you're going to sell the Kingfisher, how much would you want for it, and do you have a guesstimate of shipping to NJ? If you are willing to hold on to it until Pennsic, I have a few friends going that could meet up with you to pick it up.

            Please let me know.

            Miles Boweman (aka Michael Iurilli)

            --- In SCA-Archery@yahoogroups.com, richard johnson <rikjohnson39@...> wrote:

            > I made a couple antler arrowrests for my new longbow last night and
            > while waiting for the glue to dry so i can shape them and wrap the
            > handle, I dug my collection out.
            > I have WAYYYYYY to many bows!
            > 3 longbows.
            > .....3 take-down
            > .....3 recurves
            > .....1 fiberglass
            > .....1 bamboo from India
            > .....couple crossbows from Vietnam (yes i am that old)
            > .....an old wham-o with a broken trigger spering I need to fix
            > .....etc.. a few others laying around in the storage I cannot remember.
            >
            > So i am thinking of selling a few.
            > Bear AT3611 Recurve 58#
            > Magnum Hunter 286 recurve 40#
            > maybe my PSE Kingfisher take-down 40# limbs.
            >
            > maybe one or two others.
            >
            > I cannot decide if I should post them on Craigslist or take them to
            > Bookmans Used Sporting Goods but why not see if anyone here wants one?
            >
            > I have no idea of how much to charge though or what shipping willl be.
            >
            > --
            > Rick Johnson
            > http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

          • richard johnson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 1, 2013
              Problem is that the Kingfisheris a heavey bow (the riser is aluminum.
              It's a nice bow bu theavy as it was made for fishing so shipping will be a bear!

              Pennsic is 3 day drive so I cannot make it.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2013
              FINALLY!!!
              The first pic is of the three bows for comparison. Tit to tip the top
              bow is 55 3/4" so the Hunter is maybe 50".
              The 40# Magnum hunter is in the middle.
              The top bow is the Kodiak @47#, the bottom is the AT3611 @ 58#.

              They are unstrung, the string is simply set on the bow so itdoesn't
              get mixed up with the other strings.

              On 6/28/13, Groff, Garth (ggg9y) <ggg9y@...> wrote:
              > Rich,
              >
              > I would be interested in the Magnum 286, or one of your other recurves if
              > they are 40# or just short of that. My old Ben Pearson Cougar died, and I
              > need another 40# bow for my loaner kit. So let's talk condition and price,
              > plus shipping to Virginia. Any chance of photos?
              >
              > Yeah, I know the "too many bows" problem very well. Not to do one-upmanship,
              > but between my sweetheart and I have over 20, plus some deaders I keep for
              > teaching MITs, plus the shire's collection of another 10 in my custody. And
              > there's also a crossbow. Fortunately, we have a big, big basement.
              >
              > Yours Aye,
              >

              > Lord Mungo Napier, Archer of Mallard Lodge

              Rick Johnson
              http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
            • rickj
              Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2013
                I apologize for these posts.
                I am trying to deal with another member but google-chrome keeps sending the message to this e-group, even when the only name in the address line is his.

                Oh well, BTW, of the 4 bows I am selling, I think that shipping across the country would cost more than if you were to find one of craigslist which is where I found all of these that I am selling.
                That should teach me to test a bow before I purchase<g>.