Re: [SCA-Archery] Re: BAD ARCHERY

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 26, 2013
      If the illustration does not show up, ignore this.

      Period etching by Brueghel showing a scene somewhat like you described.

      Jon

      :  Flemish fair with archery range, 1559.  “Fair at Hoboken” by Brueghel

      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 27, 2013

        The striking piece is the steel in flint and steel. It's use as a badge started with Phillip the Good (IIRC).
        Ancel