RE: [SCA-Archery] Re: BAD ARCHERY

  • Debbie Coyle
    Message 1 of 44 , Jun 26, 2013

      My favorite bad archery moment was in an old C grade Robin Hood move (I can’t remember the title).

      Scene is the courtyard of a castle. Folks are strolling through the garden, sitting on benches and reading, courting, talking, etc.

      And one guy, in the middle of all this, is shooting a bow at a target about 50 feet away from him (in the MIDDLE of all these other folks!!!!!!)

      You could see that the arrow flew in a corkscrew flight … it was pretty obvious in real time view … on slow motion you could see the wire the arrow was attached to by an eye hook, and very much see the corkscrewing motion it made on the way to the target.

      It was AMAZING POORLY done.

      I sometimes see it in my mind’s eye when I’m on the archery range … and so sometimes burst out laughing for no reason. (Yeah, that’s why …)

      -=-Lynnette

      Message 44 of 44 , Jun 27, 2013

        The striking piece is the steel in flint and steel. It's use as a badge started with Phillip the Good (IIRC).
        Ancel